Saturday, June 23, 2007

More Berry Pickin'



We drove out to Duyck's peachy-pig farm (I am not sure why the name). We had so much fun! It was an absolutely beautiful day. I don't think it could have been more than like 75 degrees tops. You know those days where it is neither hot nor cold, it is just exactly the right temperature, that was today. We picked blueberries, raspberries, and cherries and they are DELICIOUS. I have not been a huge blueberry or raspberry fan but the girls love them, however they are so expensive that I rarely buy them. I am now converted to a true berry fan. The blueberries and raspberries were SO good we could not stop eating them. We actually bought some and then went back and picked more because we were eating so many we wanted to make sure we had some for home. The cherries were also some of the best cherries Dustin and I had ever had. I think those were my favorite. Daddy brute strength and height came in handy again today for cherry picking.






I am a little scared to change Lilly next yucky diaper because she ate SO many raspberries and blueberries I am not sure what is going to come out.
Oregon has some of the most beautiful places we have ever seen. The area this farm was in was out of a movie. It is seriuosly breathtaking and Dustin and I just can't seem to get over it. Whenever we are driving around we are constantly saying, "It's so beautiful over there". I have never seen more interesting and beautiful clouds either. Check out the clouds in this picture, don't they look painted in the sky?
This was Rosko the dog and Lilly was in heaven.


Someone needs a haricut. I was putting it off until Aunt Alli came next week but now I don't think she is coming. Are you coming Alli? We need help! You are the only haridresser Josey doesn't cry for.


Lilly literally stood at this bush for like ten minutes just eating blueberry after blueberry while we continued to pick. She loved them.
Maddy was proud of her very blue blueberries she started picking.




3 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, that place looks awesome! You are right, it is beautiful! Even more so after so many years in the ugliness of Nevada! I am so glad you finally made it to Oregon!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Looks like a fun and yummy day! Good luck with those diapers!