Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Joselyn!

Happy 5th Birthday to Josey! I can't believe that she is five. It just seems to go by so fast. I finally had Dustin take a picture with me in it but of course it was at the very end of the day when I was exhausted from everything we did that day. Looking pretty! I need to take a picture in the morning when I am fresh and maybe I might actually like a picture with me in it.
My girls adore their daddy. He is superman to them and can do NO wrong. All Josey wanted today was to spend some time by herself with Daddy. Unfortunately Dustin is studying for the bar in a week and he really didn't have much time but they did get to go on a walk together. She just wanted to take a picture with daddy first thing in the morning so here it is. This was Josey's choice of outfit for the day. She had her party dress on before we ate breakfast. She loves this dress and wears it any chance she can. She even wanted to sleep in it but I talked her into putting her jammies on. She wanted the red flower in her hair as well. This is the pose that she wanted to be in for the picture. I think she is supposed to be dancing. She is so cute.
These are the flowers Dustin picked for her for her birthday. She was so excited to have her own flowers in a vase she immediately took them up to her room by the bed. Dustin brought me some of these flowers the other day and they were by my bed and she thought that was pretty cool that we had the same flowers by our bed.


Maddy and I decorated Josey's room last night while she was asleep so she would wake up to a special birthday room and she was so excited. I am not sure if I am ever going to be able to take it all down without causing serious trauma. She got to wear a special ribbon all day so that everyone would know today was Josey's 5th birthday. She LOVED the ribbon.
Lilly loved running though the streamers on the door.



We tried take 2 of going out to lunch without mommy passing out this time and being rushed to the hospital. Kinda a downer when you are waiting for your ice cream sundae. Things went better this time and we had no serious drama. After lunch the girls played with some of their toys they bought at DI and Lilly had fun stealing the blocks that the girls were trying to build with. Look at that mischevious grin. Doesn't she look amused.




This was Josey's cake, designed and decorated by her. She had the funfetti cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting with four different kinds of sprinkles and some flowers from outside. She was SO proud and I have to say that for me to have a cake that comes out resembling a cake I was pretty proud as well.
Joselyn really wanted some sort of surprise for her birthday. She kept suggesting that Daddy take her for a walk or something so that when she came back in she would be surprised. So, Daddy took her for a quick walk after dinner and she came back in and Maddy, Lilly and I yelled surprise! Oddly enough I actually think she was surprised! She walked into her presents and cake on the table waiting for her.

She stuck the candles in herself if you couldn't tell. She made her wish and then blew out her candles and I asked her what her wish was and she said she wished that we could all be there together. I have the cheesiest kids but sweet.





This was the hit of the birthday presents. Josey's new pet hermit crabs. She has named them Kitty and Spots and she LOVES them. So does Maddy.
You have to blow this picture up it is seriously creepy. It is like a big spider crawling out of a shell. You can even see it's eyes looking into the camera. I can't hold them it creeps me out to much but the girls love to hold them and let them crawl all over their hands.

We had a fun day and I know Josey felt special on her special day. Her birthday party is in a couple of weeks with her friends and to be honest at this point I am not looking forwar too much to all the work of a luau. Luckily the bar will be over and Dustin will be there to entertain the kids, he is good at that.





4 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks liek she had a great day and you guys did such a good job at making it so special! That Hermit Crab pic is a bit creepy! Looks like so much fun and she definitely felt special!

Amanda said...

Well I feel AWFUL!! I made SURE to write it on the calendar so I could call Josey..but of course I forgot!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSEY!! I will call her today! It looks like she had so much fun!!
The awful Bishop family :)

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Happy Birthday Josey! Those crabs are creepy looking! Anyways it looks like you guys had lots of fun!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I want to buy Caitlyn a hermit crab really bad....but I am not sure I want to take care of it. Let me know how it goes.