Wednesday, September 19, 2007

like mother like daughter

Well I have had some let downs and change of plans concerning my marathon training BUT today I had something happen that has made it all worth it. First off the marathon, I have decided after not being able to run much this week due to the pain in my right leg that I have to drastically change my expectations and plans for the December marathon. I have injured my ankle now after pushing it this week and trying to run on a leg that isn't working for me. So I have decided after much thought and arguing in my head and tears shed that I am not going to be able to run the marathon in December. Just writing about it makes me want to cry. But I am going to continue to train to run the half marathon. I want tor un at least as much as I can with my sisters, I don't want to miss out on that. I am planning now to rest my leg for two to three weeks and really give it the necessary treatment and time to heal, hopefully. I also finally found a store that will really watch me run, analyze my shoes and my feet and tell me what I am doing wrong and what I need to do to fix it. At least that is what I am hoping they are going to say. So I will pick up training in a few weeks and I am okay with that. It is what it is and there really is nothing more I can do about it. I think this is the smartest course of action for me right now. Thirteen miles is still respectible, right? Anyway today though I got the best benefit from this whole thing that I could get. Maddy had the ipod on listening to her playlist that I created for her and asked if she could go running. I was a little surprised but thought, why not? So I told her she could run to the end of either of the houses next to us and I would go out and watch her. Honestly, other than wanting to feel better about myself personally, a lot of the reason I wanted to do this was for my girls. I wanted them to see a mom who was active and excersized so that hopefully they would follow in their own lives. Watching Maddy run and having her say, "This is how you do it" made me feel REALLY good inside. I hope that I am starting to create girls that want to be healthy and I want them to have a mom that is healthy as well.

Of course Lilly thought her and Maddy were playing the best game of "Gonna get you" EVER!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Jess, I still admire you SO much for training for 13 miles! If I get 2 in I'm celebrating! You'll still have fun and you're still accomplishing your goal. We love you and are so proud of you!

Alli said...

13 miles is still amazing jess! we are going to have so much fun. as much fun as you can have running... but i think just watching us run together will be a crack up.

Alli said...

i just read your new quotes. oh gosh jess, you HAVE to print all these off for me. they KILL me. i laugh all day long thinking about what they say

Steve said...

Jess I can not even imagine doing 13. You are still my hero. By the way I did the quiz and I was Bella and Steve was Jacob. Too funny!

Heidi said...

13 miles is very respectable Jessica---you're a great role model for you daughters :)

Hatchgirls1 said...

Did you ever think you'd hear yourself say you were ONLY going to run a half marathon?! Or that you were ONLY going to run 13!!!! miles?!!! You've had a rough go, Jess. But I have to say that you are still my rock! That's what a fighter is - you never give up! You take NO mercy! YOU my awesome sister give me inspiration and when you are ready to run the full marathon, I'll run that one with you too!... or at least a half!