Friday, November 30, 2007

Her eyes work!

Well this picture doesn't really have anything to do with Josey's eye appointment today but I thought it was cute! It actually snowed a little bit today. We were so excited. Okay it was more like sleet but it did actually have white flakes coming down at one point. Immediately Josey got her coat on and ran outside to catch some snow flakes on her tongue.

I took her to the eye doctor today. Apparently she had failed her school eye test recently and they suggested I take her to get screened. I was a little concerned given the shocker it was about Maddy's eyes when we took her in but I also thought that school eye screenings are not THAT reliable. Anyway I decided to be safe and get them checked for real. And miracle of miracle they said we needed NOTHING! I am so used to taking my children into the doctor and getting some catastrophic bad news about their health in some way that I just start assuming that it is going to happen. But the doctor gave her eyes a clean bill of health and said I don't have to bring her back for years. HALLELUJIAH! Finally a break! Josey wanted me to add in here that she was VERY brave to get eye drops in. She is very proud to have gotten her first eye drops and she did a good job letting the doctor administer them. She was VERY frightened but she did it anyway. Way to go Joselyn.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Yea Josey!! I am terrified of anything near my eyes.

Amanda said...

Go Josey!! I'm so glad that everything went well!

Wendy said...

hey Jess, I know what you mean about bad news from Doctors! So frustrating, AND so nice when they are actually fine!