Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Star Wars Mania

So call us overprotective but my girls had never seen Star Wars (or Harry Potter or SpiderMan or etc etc) They have never really really pushed to see them and I really try to go by the rating system and I always tell Maddy that if a movie is rated PG-13 then she has to be 13 to see it (whether I stick to this over the next five years I don't know yet but for now it works). Anyway, she was recently invited to a Star Wars birthday party. She came to me one day asking me if there were any girls in Star Wars. So I explained all the characters in the movie and the basic plot line and she was enthralled. So I started to feel bad, like maybe I had deprived my kids of something that they would really enjoy and have a lot of fun with. So Dustin and I decided to let them see Star Wars. I am still not going to let them see a couple of the movies but I think the older ones are good for them. So we watched one the other night and Josey fell asleep but after it was over Maddy sat up and said, "THAT WAS AWESOME!" So this is the light saber that she made at the party and she has been playing with it constantly. She asked me to take a picture and she posed for it. And as a side note they both have crushes on Luke Skywalker apparently. Please disregard the crazy midget girl in the picture.

2 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

we did the same thing until this year. Lexi and Ashlee were invited to a Star Wars party and they were scared Darth Vador was really going to be there- they didn't even know who he was! We felt the need to educate and help them be ready for some of the games. Lexi really liked the old ones- we have not let her see the new ones either! We also have let her see the first 4 Harry Potter's- and she really llikes them. I was nervous about night mares and her getting freaked out when Cedric died, but she really liked them and is begging to see the 5th. Darrell and I disagree, I think the 5th is too dark, he thinks she'll be fine, becasue she knows what's real and what's not. Ashlee didn't like any of them, she ended up watching her own movie upstairs after watching the first 10 minutes of each one. Carly LOVED Harry Potter and really thought it was cool when Cedric died- what is wrong with this kid?!

Wendy said...

You are not too overprotective! I agree. No need to rush certain things! My boys love star wars too. They have seen some of them, but not others. I love the crazy midget in the picture too!