Wednesday, March 19, 2008

my middle child

Josey is my middle daughter. Since I only have three I can actually say that I truly have a middle child. She is the most cuddly out of all the girls and the most sensitive and the biggest peacemaker in the family. But she also has a side I like call OCD. She is really a crack up. She is a kid that very much likes to have everything in order and controlled. She likes schedules and routines and really doesn't do well when we are more chaotic.
One thing about her though, that I can't decide if it is a positive or a negative, is her independence. When she wakes up with a bad dream she will go to the linen closet get a blanket and her pillow and come sleep on my floor without even waking us up (plus). When she wets her bed (which happens sometimes) she will get up and get a towel and put it on her bed and got back to sleep without even waking us up (minus, gross). If she needs a drink and I haven't got a cup for her fast enough she will take it into her own hands and find a cup if it means she has to climb up to the highest cupboard (negative, I don't want her to fall). And now she has a problem with bread crust....she WON'T eat it. I refuse to cut it off even though it wouldn't take me that long, I just think it is ridiculous and wasteful. I refuse to peel the apple and I refuse to make other food at dinner other than what I have prepared and I refuse to cut off crust on toast. So in true Josey fashion, if I won't do it for her she will just take it into her own hands. She doesn't ask me to cut it off, she doesn't protest she just goes to the garbage can and takes care of it herself (plus). I figure if it matters to her that much that she is willing to do it herself that is fine. So she made some toast today and I went to get it out of the toaster to put some butter on it and this is what I found in the toaster. A bite sized piece of toast. I put a regular size bread next to it so you could see the difference. She was very happy with her piece of toast that didn't have the crust on it even if she could eat it in one bite. What a funny kid.

2 comments:

Hatchgirls1 said...

So funny! That stuff is what truly makes me love being a mom!

Wendy said...

That's so funny because Ethan is my middle child, but so opposite from Josey as far as the independence thing goes. He will wake me up at night just to tell me he has to go to the bathroom. Definite minus there. I think I would like that independence a little more.