Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's My Birfday....It's My Birfday

Well as predicted Maddy was up at the crack of dawn SO excited about her birthday. I love that she gets so excited! She woke up to about a hundred balloons packed into her room. Let me tell you I thought I was going to pass out last night from blowing them all up! She also had a cute outfit to wear and a brand new pair of yellow (her new favorite color) crocks with the little trinkets you stick in the holes. I got Josey a matching outfit as I have a weird obsession with dressing them like twins even though they are two year apart. But they were both going to work with Dustin and I wanted them to look cute, and they did. When Maddy finally got home from "work" we were ready to PARTAY! Dustin actually stayed at work ALL day with them I was a little shocked. They didn't get home until 5:30 and they were pooped but Maddy was SUPER excited to eat cake and open presents. We decided to combine cakes this year. She picked a chocolate cake and I picked a yellow cake and we each picked to ways to cook the batter. She picked a round cake pan and a square cake pan and I picked a round cake pan and star cupcakes. So we cooked them up and frosted it and made our mammoth crazy cake and we loved it!
The birthday girls.
Together we did blow all the candles out and hopefully our wishes will come true. ( I actually didn't blow! TRICKAY)Maddy got lots of great presents. A couple of nights ago she got to spend her money from Grandma and Grandpa Moyes and she decided to buy this yellow popple thing. She loves all stuffed animal and apparently can't have enough. She even has a little money left over but I suggested she wait to see what she got for her birthday as she was wanting to buy the Hannah Montana CD and I had already got it for her. I haven't got a picture yet of Grandma Beth's present which was also a big hit. Among other things she sent her a Hanna Montana t-shirt and Maddy wore it almost everyday this week until it was finally dirty and I made her take it off to wash it! Thank you grandmas and grandpas! We love you all!

Josey gave her this doll that they both think is the most beautiful doll they have ever seen. Little do they know it is from the Goodwill!
The best presents were her Hannah Montana CD and....
and MP3 player. She has wanted one forever to listen to music on the bus. She has told me that EVERYONE on the bus has one. Now I don't believe that is anywhere near true but it has been all she has talked about for like a year, I thought it was time.
She had a few other presents to open and I think she was VERY pleased and had a great birthday! I had a wonderful birthday as well thanks to good friends and family and a wonderful husband. I will say that Dustin is getting better at making my birthday special for me too. I know that it is not exactly his thing to get really excited about birthdays and I have accepted that and he has accepted that I do get excited about birthdays (and really any reason to decorate and celebrate) and he has stepped up to appease me. I went and spent my birthday money and found some really cute pants, dresses and shirts all by myself this morning. I don't know why I always feel so much better when I have something new to put on! And Dustin brought home some delicious lotions from Bed and Body Works. And I got to add a statue to my willowtree collection. It is one that I have been wanting for a long time. It was seriously one of my favorite birthdays I have had in a long time! We are off to the beach tomorrow to spend the weekend playing in the ocean! YEAH! More pictures to come! Thanks to everyone who called or left messages wishing Maddy and I a Happy Birthday. We definitely had one!

4 comments:

JasonDebbie said...

I cannot believe how old she looks! SHe looks like a young woman or something that is so crazy to me. And I can't believe that about the MP3 player, I swear when McKenna is 10 shes going to want a hoverboard or a floating car or something! It seems like younger and younger kids are having all these cool things! Thats just how it is now.:) Happy Birthday!

Wendy said...

Happy birthday to both of you! It sounds like it was a good day.

Alli said...

yea! I am so glad you had an awesome birFday jess! and MADDY!! have fun a the beach jerk.

Sarah said...

Which WillowTree is it? Jake gets them for me and I have too many to put put all at once right now.

Glad you had great birthdays! You guys deserve it!