Monday, May 12, 2008

Baptism weekend

Our daughter is an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We are so proud of her. She was so excited this weekend and has been looking forward to getting baptized for quite a while now. She looked so cute and I can't believe how old she is getting! This was her beautiful white dress that grandma Beth got for her and she wanted a yellow sash to go with it. Luckily grandma Moyes is a whiz with the sewing machine and she whipped up a perfect sash to put with it and it was gorgeous. Here she is right before she got changed.


And here she is after. She thought this outfit was SO funny!


And she kept looking in the mirror making these poses. She finally told me that Josey was going to be so jealous because she looked like princess Leah. That is what she thought she looked like in her little jumpsuit. I thought that was pretty funny!


Maddy and Daddy. Dustin did such a good job with the baptism and with the talk on the Holy Ghost. He is such a great dad and sure loves his daughters a lot. I feel so lucky to have such a righteous priesthood holder in our home that is able to do these things and able to recognize how important these steps are. He is such a great example to our girls and to me.


I think I wore the wrong color?


When we came out of the baptism to go take pictures it was raining, surprise surprise! So we had to take pictures inside the foyer. But they turned out pretty cute I think. This picture cracks me up because this is what is really going on trying to get a picture of everyone but..

we finally got a fairly good one!

This was all the family we had attend. We had Dustin's parents and my mom and my brother. We loved having them all here and really made it very special for Maddy. We had quite a few other people attend the baptism and we really appreciated everyone who came.



We are so proud of you Maddy. You are such a good example to your little sisters and I think you are an amazing young lady!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Congratulations Maddy! What a gorgeous dress you wore!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Where did you get her dress? We are trying to find one for lexi- and that one is so stinkin cute!! Could Grandma Moyes pretend to be our Grandma and make a sash for us too?!;)

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Maddy look so cute! And I love your dress Jess...way cute as well!

Castiel Moyes said...

My mom bought the dress at Macy's.com. It was like half off otherwise she wouldn't have purchased it! But you could try there and see what they have.

Castiel Moyes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Congrats Maddy!! You look so beautiful.

Rachel said...

Congratulations to Maddy! That's so exciting!

JasonDebbie said...

Hooray for Maddy! I'm going to die in 3 years when kaitlyn gets baptized--I can't picture my kids as anything but toddlers so It will be crazy to see them big enough to be baptized!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Congrats maddy. I love love your yellow sash...and WOW Jes you look beautiful too! and who is that random handsome guy in there ...oh wait thats my husband!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! She looked so beautiful in her dress! You're smart to get a family photo - I totally forgot to do that at Taylor's last September(besides I was 8 months pregnant and not feeling very camera happy!)

J said...

Wow, I can't believe that Maddy is old enough to get baptized! Maddy looked so proud on her big day. Congrats to you all.

So Jason and I just got done watching the videos of your girls dancing to Hanna Montana, we are seriously dying-SO FUNNY!!! Josey is such a ham. I love it!

We were also dying from your comment on our blog, Jason is going to use that line for sure, "enough manliness". Too funny!

Your girls are darling and I'm happy that you love having three girls. I'm sure it will be fun for us too.