Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Moyes Pet Shop

We have decided that we are going to start a Moyes Family Pet Shop. It is going to be filled with all the random pets that you can have in a rental house that no kids can actually play or interact with. Doesn't that sound fun? So we have (had.....it's a long story involving a disposal accident. I have to replace the fish tomorrow) Beta fish, a snail, a hamster, butterflies and 2 birds. Maybe someday we can actually have a dog or cat or something normal.

Seriously though we added a couple of pets to our growing list. For Christmas Josey got a butterfly cage thing that you can grow butterflies in. So we sent away for the caterpillars and they came a couple of weeks ago and we have been watching these creepy crawly little pre-butterflies growing. Once they cacoon up we will move them into the butterfly cage and watch them hatch and grow. Josey has been very excited about this. And then they other day I got an email that said this lady was giving away her parakeets. I thought about it and decided that I wanted them. I have always liked birds and I have some fond memories of birds at a grandmas house (I actually can't completely place the memory but it is there in my head somewhere). So I called her up and she was giving away the birds, the cage, the food, you name it for free. How could Dustin argue with that right? The girls were so excited and we are the proud owner of two parakeets now named Georgia and Sunshine.

I am hoping that this will help bridge the gap between my sister and I. Alli has a couple of birds that she treats JUST like her kids. It's sad really. So I thought at least this way maybe she will have some interest in talking with me because at least we can talk about our birds right? I am just hoping that she won't get all competitive on me with what her birds are doing


And this is one of my littlest pets Lilly. I just loved this picture.

2 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Who needs a dog when you've got snails???? You guys are cool parents. Rob refuses to have anything BUT a dog!

Alli said...

haha, okay, your cage is seriously cool! i love the names too. mine is from like 1970 and from goodwill. but, then again, my birds are a lot more mature and fashionable than yours. and by the way... it is seriously cool that you have pet butterflies.