Monday, May 25, 2009

Hair, hair.....and more hair

So I will admit freely that when I found out that I was having my third girl one of the things that I was most upset about was the fact that I had yet ANOTHER head of hair to quaff. My older two daughters have amazing thick hair and they are really lucky and I am sure will love it as they grow older but it is not a mothers dream to have daughters who have thick hair and sensitive heads. I end up just picking my battle and my girls go around looking half-way homeless most of the time.

So when number three came along I was just overwhelmed with having to figure out how to bribe yet one more to sit still for 10 minutes and let me torture her by brushing the tangles out. Then as her hair finally started growing in and we realized that she was going to have these incredible blond ringlets I couldn't have been more thrilled. BECAUSE...... when your hair is curly you can get away with not brushing out every tangle. And you can haphazardly pull it up into a ponytail or a half ponytail and it actually looks great with a few little bumps here and there (this is what I have learned having a daughter with curly hair).

So the other day I pulled Lilly's hair up into two braids on top of her head for church. She looked so sweet and she actually kept them in until today. When we were headed out the door I took her braids out and this is what happened.....
she had PRINCESS HAIR!!! At least that is what she called it. Her hair is quite long but the ringlets always pull it up so high that she can't feel it down her back and she desperately wants princess hair. I had to take a picture because it was such an incredible mane of wavy hair.

And along with princess hair comes AT-TI-TUDE!



And speaking of attitude.....case in point.

And Josey wanted in on the action.

And after Maddy and Josey had taken a picture with their legs up on the house Lilly thought that was a great idea as well. Unfortunately I don't think it worked so well with her.

I sure love my girls! We had a wonderful memorial day even though daddy had to go into work. We ran into a few stores and then got lunch and took it to the park and played and played and played. We are excited to go to our BBQ tonight as well! I hope everyone else had a relaxing memorial day!

2 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

Oh, I hear you on the hair thing. I don't think my girls want to keep their hair short forever, but WOW! it is SOOOO much easier!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I hear you on the hair issue. I keep threatening Caitlyn that I'm gonna cut it all off. I'm a mean mom. I refuse to let her out of the house without it done. But unfortunately she has figured out how to take it out!!! UGH! More than once have I picked her up from preschool to find her with "Crazy Hair" She thinks its very funny.