Tuesday, July 07, 2009

4th of July weekend

We had a really fun weekend last weekend. I didn't take a ton of pictures unfortunately but we had a good time none the less! On Friday we decided to go find some yummy fruit to pick. We headed out to Sauvie Island because I had never been out there and they have tons of farms. While the island itself was beautiful it was SOOOO hot and not the best day to be outside picking fruit. But we picked some delicious raspberries and blueberries. I got this one picture and then my camera died.
Then on Saturday we started the day off with a pancake breakfast and bike parade at the church but I didn't have any new batteries for my camera from the day before, so I didn't get any pictures.

Afterwards we headed over to the beach for the day. We had a lot of fun! I was actually warm enough for the girls to run around in their bathing suits, SHOCKER! Can't you tell how much fun we had from this picture.....he looks so happy.


Later that night we set off our fireworks and then got treated to all the neighbors fireworks as well. We don't even have to go anywhere to see good fireworks because literally there are multiple people that buy lots of the big mortar fireworks and they explode right above our neighborhood. It is kinda nice given the ages of the kids because we don't have to brave any traffic or SUPER late nights!
Hope everyone else had a great 4th!








1 comment:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Oh how I miss the beach....I'm trying not to think about how my 4th of July could have been more perfect and then I think....yeah it could have included the beach. I need to come and visit!