Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday!

Last Friday was Josey's 7th birthday! Unfortunately it was also the last crunch day before everyone came to help move us on Saturday. So her birthday was a little disjointed but I think she had a good day none the less.

She started off the day with a surprise waiting for her when she went downstairs. Her new bicycle! She was SO excited. I am a little embarrassed to admit this but she JUST learned how to ride a two wheeler without training wheels. But now she is a riding fool! She wakes me up almost every morning to ask me if she can go outside and ride her bike. However, the last bicycle that we bought her was when she was 4.....so it is a little small for her. This new one is blue (her favorite color) and fits her great!


She also had this cute new outfit to wear on her birthday. She always insists on wearing a dress on her birthday and I found this cute and cool one at Target and immediately thought of her. Then I saw the sandals and KNEW she would love them. And I didn't even make her brush her hair.

We ended up spending a lot of the day packing and such but we did take her out for lunch and then took a break and took her to see the new Harry Potter movie that she has been so excited for. We had a great time. When we got back home she opened her presents and then we had dinner and cake and ice cream. I hope she felt like she had a good birthday?

I know that when she caught these her birthday was complete. My little budding entomologist. Those are real beetles......yuck! Thanks for your creepy genes grandma Beth. She definitely doesn't get her love for bugs from Dustin or me.


We love you so much Josey and are so glad that you are in our family. You are such an easy child and you make me feel like a good parent because you are naturally so obedient and kind. I love your little quirky ways and your perfect balance between girlie girl and tomboy. Happy Birthday Josey Posey!

5 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

Such a cute girl!! Ashlee's favorite color is blue too- maybe a 2nd child thing? Um, the beetles?! That is so nasty!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

She is such a pretty girl. I can totally see her all grown up hunting the amazon for rare bugs....her AND Caitlyn can be super weird bug lovers together. I even think they look alike.....but if she doesn't decide to be a bug hunter...she can always fall back on being the next Hannah Montana!! =)

Gretch said...

Is Josey seriously 7! Crazy! Happy Happy Birthday! What a lucky girl to get a new house for her birthday. :-) I guess a bike is cool too.

Wendy said...

Happy birthday Josie! Hope you had a fun day.

Steve said...

Happy Birthday!
Liz