Monday, July 13, 2009

Putting down roots....finally.

So it has really happened. We are finally, after almost 11 years of marriage, putting down some permanent roots. We officially closed on our new house this afternoon! Before anyone gets too excited, we still don't have the keys. We won't get those for probably another 48 hours, BUT we own a home. And it's this one!


We are so excited and I have to keep telling myself that we will get through this week and we will get it all done. I honestly can't believe it has finally happened. We have talked about this for so long and even got really close to buying before in Vegas (let me tell you we are thanking our lucky stars everyday we didn't do that one!) and now we are finally home owners. It seems that everything finally came together for us just at the right time. I think we are the oldest first time buyers ever but I don't care.....we own a home!
And after living in rentals for 10 years I think the thing I am looking forward to the most is painting a wall. Seriously I might have to paint all of them a different color just to get it out of my system. No more white walls for us! (and maybe a dog? huh Dustin?)

8 comments:

Betsy Fox said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! Very exciting for you. We are coming up at the end of this month and we really want to see you. Abe says Dustin needs to be there so he has someone to talk to!

Steve said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!
Liz

Wendy said...

Congrats you guys! We are very happy for you!

Abby said...

Thats so wonderful!!! we are so Happy For You Guys.. we want More Pictures???? Miss ya

Rachel said...

Yahoo! I can't wait to see all the color!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

HOOOOOOORRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY! So so so exciting!!! I can't wait to come visit. And I am making a promise...We will come and visit. I have never been to Oregon!

Jill Johnson said...

Yes! You can say it a million times. You are lucky you didn't buy here. Unfortunately, I DID!!! Oh well. Nothing I can do about it.

Ducheznee said...

We're so glad you guys are sticking around. I'm sorry I wasn't able to help with the move.