Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Nutcracker

So this year I saw the nutcracker in Portland with my girls! It was so fun! Maddy was performing in the lobby with her group so she got a free ticket to go. I wanted to take Josey and meet her but the tickets were quite expensive! Then just by a stroke of luck my mom called and said that she wanted to buy us some tickets to go see the Nutcracker or A Christmas Carol for our family. I told her I would take her up on that and asked if she would just buy a ticket for Josey and I to see the nutcracker.

So here are Josey and I on our way!
This one I had to put on here because she looks so much like Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen with those lips.

We watched a lot of these guys singing in the lobby and they did a great job!
And we walked around taking lots of pictures.
I loved it and Maddy loved it and Josey....liked it. She was falling asleep towards the end but when we came home she was the first to get her ballet shoes on and start making up nutcracker dances so it must have made some impression.

Here is a funny story about why I am not in any of the pictures. So! Pregnancy and I don't mix very well. We don't mix emotionally or physically. I feel crappy about the whole time and like Dustin calls it I usually have "pregnant face" aka: dirty looks going on. I also don't look like a cute pregnant person. I have had people for the last couple of months ask me if I was about to have the baby because I look so large and yet I still have 2 months from now! So needless to say I have completely avoided taking ANY pictures of myself. For someone that doesn't like pictures of herself on any normal given day, a pregnant day is like ten times worse.

So I was snapping these shots of my girls in front of the Christmas tree in the lobby when a nice women walked up and asked if I wanted one with my girls. I hesitated for a moment and then said, "Actually.....not really. Thank you though." and I walked away! It makes me laugh! But I really didn't want one! So then I started feeling guilty that I didn't take any pictures with my girls at the Nutcracker and we went to visit Dustin at his office around the corner really quick. I asked him if he would take a picture of me and the girls in front of one of their beautiful trees in the lobby. He got the camera ready and I got the girls strategically positioned and ...... the batteries died! I told him to try and turn it back on quickly and we might get one picture out of it and...... the memory card was full! So that was it. I snatched the camera back and stuffed it into the camera case and decided fate made her decision and I was not to have my picture taken. HALLELUJAH!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh, I am SO JEALOUS!!! The Nutcracker is my favorite Christmas tradition (my mom and stepdad took me to my first one when I was maybe six, and my dad has taken me every year since I was a teenager). There is nothing better than getting all dressed up, driving into the city with all its sparkly lights, entering the auditorium, and watching that curtain open. Alas, being 1) poor and 2) the mother of a toddler means I can kiss my beloved Christmas tradition goodbye for the time being!

Your girls are so incredibly cute and interesting. I hope my daughter (daughters? who knows!) turn out the same!