Saturday, February 20, 2010

The first few days.....

So I started to think that maybe we got a defective baby for the first few days of her life. There was nothing but crying and suckling and no sleeping and more crying. OK I know that that is what all babies do but I was ready for a sweet little docile baby. And then "the milk" came in and I decided that we would keep her. She has now turned into the sweet docile baby (except from the hours of about midnight to 4a.m.) that I was SURE she was going to be. I guess she was hungry......what is that all about?jk

So here are a few things that Ivy has tried to make her happy before her tummy was full......
we have discovered this little gem of a sucker.....and we have rocked out in the swing......







and have tried vibrating to sleep.....
But I guess it is this guy that works the magic.

I just love her!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Those are so cute! Glad you finally figured out what was wrong. How dare babies be hungry! ;)

Have fun enjoying her!

Michele said...

Jessica... She is BEAUTIFUL!! Just like her 3 big sisters. I'm so glad she is here and doing so well. I got to spend 10 days with Joslyn and Ella and the best part was holding her all night for 7 nights. Pure Heaven.

Amanda said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! It took us 2 months to finally figure out that is why Ash kept screaming...she was hungry!! :) But I'm glad that it only took a few days with you..and such a CUTIE!

SMDStudio said...

She's beautiful, Jess. And oh, how I love those pictures of little babies sleeping with their daddies. So sweet.

Darrell and Alissa said...

She's a doll! I swera it took FOREVER for my milk to come in with Baylee, and she was crying a lot. I didn't even think that it was cause she was hungry, Darrell was the one who suggested it. I'll be honest, at first i was defensive cause my boobs were swollen and huge, so I knew there was milk- she jsut wasn't getting enough. I gave her an ounce of formula and she slept for like 4 hours, we had to do it for the first few weeks, then all was well, for me and her!
I love her name- it just rolls off the tongue so well and so sweetly!

Heidi said...

Congratulations you guys - she's beautiful and definitely a keeper.

At least you have pictures of yourself in the hospital - I don't think I even allowed the camera to face my direction!