Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Maddy's school project

Okay....does anyone else hate school "projects" that their kids have to do. I don't hate the concept of them but here is what I hate about them. The teachers comes up with a project and sends it home for the PARENTS to complete. Because come on! Is my 9 year old girl REALLY going to create some sort of useful product made entirely from recycled materials? NO! And it isn't that I hate working on projects with my kids but I guess actually I kinda hate working on projects with my kids. It just always seems to end up that the parents are doing the whole thing or finishing the whole thing. That is my experience anyway. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we have new baby in the house making everything hard to accomplish within a timeline. So here is Maddy's project.

She came up with making a bird feeder. Here are some of the pictures of the work "in progress".

I will say that Dustin had fun trying to use is new tools to help cut things etc. However we still had to call in re-enforcements to get the job done.













We didn't get a picture of the finished product because literally it wasn't done until about 10:00 the night before she had to turn it in and give her speech. She was practicing it with me at 10:00 when she came down and reminded me that it was due. Maybe having the baby was been good for my girls. It has made them much more accountable for their own things because really it is checked out of mommy's brain!

No comments: