Monday, April 26, 2010

Tooth fairy Shmooth Fairy

I am beginning to hate this tradition and I want to know who started it? Who wanted to give parents ONE more thing to have to remember at night and have to TRY and sneak around without their kids finding out? Who decided that kids don't already cost enough money that we should give them more money for losing a gross little piece of bone? HUH?! Cause I want to let them know that I had too many teeth lost this week to keep up. Where is the tooth fairy supposed to come up with this kind of cash? I don't even usually HAVE any cash hanging around the house. So when somebody loses a tooth I have to go to the STORE to get MONEY to sneak into their bedroom. AND AND! Why do they have to put it under their pillow? Can we make it any harder? To have to fish around for that little tiny tooth without waking anyone up and replace it with coins or dollars just seems sort of mean. Josey lost 2 teeth in the last week. Of course the tooth fairy forgot to come the first night because the tooth fairy was TOO TIRED TO REMEMBER. And so after having to make a "reminder call" the tooth fairy delegated the responsibilities out to another magical mister. But this pinch hitter forgot to even take the teeth! How confusing was that for the toothless one?

Then Maddy lost a tooth on her birthday.... that was Saturday......it is now Monday and the tooth fairy still has not remembered and even if she did she has no cash in her pockets. Maybe this was a fun tradition for someone with one mouth to feed and I mean to feed with coins, but it has just become an awful guilt inducing chore for me with 4 mouths to feed. And with inflation.....come on can you really only give them a quarter anymore? By the time Ivy is losing teeth she is going to be getting like 20 bucks a tooth! Alright I am going to go rob Maddy's piggy bank to pay her for her lost tooth right now before I forget tonight.......I will replace the money......maybe.....if she notices.


And just for good measure, her preferred way of walking around the house.

6 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

My sister had a great idea..... I'm STILL trying to remember to do it! She bought a roll of gold dollars from the bank and just keeps them in a special place. Because they are unique the kids love them, and you won't use them cause it's really annoying to have to explain it's a DOLLAR not a QUARTER.
She told me this a year ago, you see how well the toothfairy dies in this house- it usually takes a few days for her to come cause the cash just isn't here..

Abby said...

I Love ,,, Loved Your Blog... I have wanted To say That so many Times as I Raised My Kids but felt That I was not being a fun Mom!!!!Thank You For Sharing all Your Fun Times with Your Little family.Love ya Aunt Abby

Michele said...

I thought it was a hoot!! As the mother of 9,and how many dozens and dozens of teeth I have had to remember,I totally sympathized with you. Isn't there something about this in the 10 Commandments,or maybe the Constitution that would allow us to outlaw this? I have all these teeth in my drawers. I have no idea which child they belong to,but I just cant throw them away. I did pay for them!

Jill Johnson said...

I totally agree. One time our tooth fairy accidentally grabbed a 20 out of his wallet instead of a 5. Now try explaining that to the next kid that doesn't get 20 bucks! I finally just told my girls and they are more patient with me!

SMDStudio said...

I don't think we have EVER managed to get the money under the pillow on the actual night that the tooth was lost. It always seems to take a few days and few reminders from the kids and a whole bunch of excuses for the tooth fairy's forgetfulness.

Katie Lofts said...

When we forgot we told McKayla that the Tooth Fairy just had too many kids to get to in one night. She'd just have to wait until it was her turn. It seemed to do the trick. I totally sympathize. I have a friend that does the Sackajewia (sp?) gold coin dollars too. I think we should just get some of those to have around because I have the same problem with not carrying cash. Do you think I could slip a Catalina under the pillow instead? ;)