Monday, June 28, 2010

Geocaching

So for mother's day this year I got a handheld GPS....just what every mom dreams of right? jk I specifically requested it because we have wanted to try a new activity with our girls. Anyone heard of geocaching? It is basically like looking for buried treasure and we have wanted to do this for the last 3 years but we haven't had a GPS. So we have been out a couple of times since Mother's Day and the girls love it. So Saturday we headed out again to Tryon Park to look for some treasures! And look what Josey found first...... A nasty huge slug! Everyone had to get a picture taken with it but I will spare you. And then Josey was the first to find the first geocache and she also came back with a snail!



Everyone picked a little trinket and we put a few trinkets back and then everyone posed for this lovely pic.....


And then this one....
And then this one with my 2 little cupcakes.....


We hiked around for about an hour and then on our way out we stopped at this cool tree trunk and Dustin remembered that there was a geocache hidden there from the clue and he popped back there and found another one!

Here is Lilly with her turn to hold the GPS.

Maddy taking a little rest from "her aching feet".
And here is Lilly's favorite thing the water backpack. She would just suck on that thing until we finally had to give it to someone else to hold because she was lagging behind too much.

And here was Ivy the whole trip.


So I thought I would snap a few pictures of her and me and she would NOT smile in a picture....





So I thought I would be funny and take a serious picture with her......and then she smiled....are girls just born wanting to do the opposite of what their moms want them to do?

6 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

I love the pictures of you and Ivy! Looks like so much fun!

Alli said...

how fun! I want to go with you!

JasonDebbie said...

Ive heard of that, it sounds so cool. it would be so much more appealing to me if I didnt live in the butt ugly barren desert. If I had trees and ferns and logs to hide the stuff and hike through it would be so much more enjoyable. What are they going to do here, say "go by that little rock in the dust over there and find it." ? :)Looks like fun for you guys though!

Liz said...

I love the picture of you and Ivy you look beautiful! THe slug ewwww

SMDStudio said...

So fun! And so good to finally see pictures of you again, beautiful lady. ;>

Hatchgirls1 said...

You are the best most beautiful sister in the world! I love you so much jeesimecca!