Friday, January 14, 2011

Annie Premiere

Last night was opening night of Annie!!! The girls have been working on this for a long time now and they did such a great job! They were all orphans together which was really fun. Here they are waiting back stage for the show to begin. I told them I wanted to see them in character as really sad orphans. But here is how they were really feeling!

Maddy is playing Pepper. The bully orphan. She was a little nervous cause she has to say "Shut-Up" to Annie in the play. I told her that is was okay to say it in the play! She thought it was really funny because the girl who plays Annie is her best friend, but in the play they are supposed to really not like each other. I told her she was just going to have to pull out her acting expertise! She did great!

Julia was the orphan names Lisa. Her and Josey practiced and practiced to get down their signature move in the play. They do cartwheels and land in the splits! It is AWESOME! Julia is a really talented dancer and I know she helped Josey on her splits. At one point they orphans do can can kicks in Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile and Becky and I were cracking up because Julia's kicks were like up to her nose and totally pointed! She was so fun to watch.

Josey was the orphan named Zoe. She told me her back story was that her mom and dad had to give her up to an orphanage because they didn't have enough money to keep her but that she knew they were going to come back and get her so she isn't AS sad as some of the other orphans. She was SO nervous for opening night! But she was so adorable up there!

And cute little Georgia! She played the orphan named Didi. Normally you are supposed to be 7 to do these plays but the director let Georgia and another little girl who is 5 participate this time and it is the CUTEST thing to see them up there! Beck and I were amazed that Georgie could remember all the dance stuff to Hard Knock Life and Never Fully Dressed. She did amazing!

After the play was over the kids could come down and give autographs and take pictures and stuff. Here was Josey giving her teacher her first autograph. I think it was what my girls were looking forward to the most.
She has the nicest teacher. She even brought her flowers! How cute is that? There were a few teachers there and quite a few kids from school in it and they all brought their students flowers. Josey was so proud.
Maddy got flowers from a little boy that was in the play this year. He is such a sweet little boy and always brings Maddy something after her plays.....and gives her lavish Christmas presents.....and Valentines Day presents........she says she is pretty sure he has a crush on her. But he has done this since the second grade! I think his mom is just really nice!! But he gave her a big bouquet of flowers and a stuffed cat. I think I need to get him a box of candy or something??



Maddy and her best friend Kelli
Annie and Pepper

Pepper and Duffy, the two bully orphans.

This is Seth the little boy that brought Maddy the flowers. He played the dog catcher.

So after the play was over there were flowers being given out everywhere. Beck and I didn't bring any for our girls because we thought we would get them for closing night. Well Georgia was just CRUSHED! It was the saddest thing EVER! She didn't understand why everyone else was getting flowers. We tried to assure her that her flowers were coming on a different night but that wasn't really cutting it. So as she was standing there in tears one of the teenage girls from the show ran over and gave her this little pink carnation and it was like Georgia won a million dollars. She was so happy for that one little flower and Beck was really thankful to that girl!


Beck and Georgia

Beck and Jules.
I will have to take some with my girls as well but at that point I just wanted to get home. We had been up since 3:30a.m. because they were on the morning news for the show and it was 9:30 and we were exhausted. I had one more surprise on the way home though......I got pulled over! I was so mad! I wasn't even speeding either! Apparently my tags had expired and we hadn't remembered to put the sticker on but I was so tired and annoyed......oh well. Can't wait for the next show tonight and the next night and next week.............

5 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Way to go GIRLS!!! (and MOMS!!) What a beautiful and talented bunch of kids!!

Katie Lofts said...

Oh my gosh that looks like SOOO much fun! McKayla REALLY wants to do it next time!

Megan said...

For over a YEAR, our tags have been expired (and I keep putting off a trip to the emissions inspector so I can get new ones)!!! Every time I see a cop, I freeze up in fear that he'll spy them and pull me over. But our tags are from Oregon and since I live in Utah, my husband pointed out that they most likely will let it pass (they won't get any money from an Oregon driver anyway). Even so, I DREAD getting stuck in front of a cop. I feel your pain!

Your girls are AWESOME, by the way! "Annie" is one of my all-time favorite musicals! In 4th grade, our Camp Fire Girls troop went to a middle school to see a practice or a matinee or something, and I remember being totally in awe of all the big girls onstage. I took Camryn and Tamsin to a community performance of "Annie" a few months ago, but because Camryn is terrified of applause, we left halfway through in a cloud of screams (Camryn) and mortification (me). Yay.

Alli said...

Remember when you didn't blog for 4 weeks? I do. Stop pretending like your too busy for the blog world.

Alli said...

By th way, I just spent like an hour trying to post that last comment because of the word verifications. Those words are so confusing!