Friday, May 18, 2007

Taking the bus


Now I know that this is really not a big deal and that lots of kids including lots of our cousins take the bus to school but for some reason this has been a big deal to me. Maddy has begged and begged me to take the bus for the last two years. We weren't allowed to take the bus in Vegas because we lived to close to the school but she still asked me all the time why she can't take the bus AND why she can't go to daycare in the afternoons.......go figure. But here in Oregon they have a massive bus system and it is really good. Most everyone in the school takes the bus. School starts an hour earlier here and so when I realized that I was going to have to wake everyone up to get Maddy to school and that the bus literally stops one house down on the corner I asked her if she would like to take the bus to school. She answered with a resounding YES! I kept asking her if she was sure she wanted to take the bus because mommy could still drive her if she felt more comfortable with that (obviously because mommy was feeling uncomfortable). She told me she was the only one in her class that didn't take the bus and she really wanted to get on the bus with all the other kids. So I signed her up to take the bus and I told her I would follow it the first day to school just so she felt okay. DO I HAVE A PROBLEM OR WHAT?! She was fine. I needed to be okay and follow the bus just to make sure it was going to get there okay. hahaha ANYWAY I cried the whole way to the school that day as I followed the bus. Who would have thought after two years of school and her being gone during the day that I would be crying over a bus ride to school. I am really glad we have the bus system here it is truely convenient and I am beginning to adjust. I don't know what my reaction will be in the fall when Josey gets on the bus as well. But I am gearing up for more tears, just the usual me. Anyway here is a picture of my little girl getting to big and taking the bus to school.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Don't worry Jess, I followed Ethan's bus the first day too. I just HAD to see him arrive at school, so that I wouldn't worry that he just never made it!