Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Josey, Red Robin, and the hospital

Well we had quite an interesting day yesterday. It started off really good. I have been sick the last couple of days and the doctor called yesterday morning to let me know that I had strep throat. I had already started the anti-biotic so I was relieved that was what it was hoping that it would begin to be cleared up soon. But let me tell you it has been EXCRUTIATING! Anyway a long time ago we were eating at Red Robin and we signed the girls up for the kids club. So yesterday Joselyn got a special email from Red Robin himself wishing her a happy birthday and gave her a free kids meal. She was beyond excited because it was about her birthday and she couldn't believe Red Robin (who by the way she has no idea who that is) knew her name and wished her a happy birthday. So we told her we would go out to lunch today and she could get her kids meal. I took a couple of strong pain killers and tried to get through the day. I told the girls to get ready to go. Joselyn went upstairs and came down wearing her red velvet and satin Christmas dress from last year with a white sweater and let me remind you that it was over a hundred degrees today. She had put some of my make-up on as well and brushed her hair "into the style she liked" and was so proud and ready to get her birthday lunch. She then proceeded to look for her shiniest shoes. She told me we needed to stop at the store before we go because she needed to get some shiny shoes. I told her no. It was really cute though so I had to take a picture of her in her dress with her special email.

I wish the story ended there but unfortunately the restaurant experience turned bad. Before we left for Red Robin I took another couple of pain killers becuase I was beginning to be in a lot of pain again. As we went to leave I started to feel really dizzy and light headed and just not normal. We got to the restaurant and we were sitting there waiting for our food and I realized that I was either going to throw up or pass out. I like to pick the most public or embarrasing places to do this generally so this was perfect! So I did infact pass out at the table and THEN proceeded to throw up , in a bag thankfully, in front of the whole restaurant. We had quite a crowd around us by then and it was completely embarrasing. The funniest part about it was that Maddy and Josey were oblivious to anything going on with me. They were just eating and talking and laughing and totally unconcerned with anything that was happening to me. Maddy kept saying, "No more seafood for mom". I have NO IDEA what she was talking about. So we think the worst is over and everything calms down and then the paramedics shows up because someone called an ambulance. SO they rush in and take all my vitals again making a big scene and try to talk me into going to the hospital with them. So they finally leave and we try to get back to eating but I just could not get normal. I continued to feel extremely lightheaded and dizzy and almost passed out a couple more times. Meanwhile the girls are having a grand time eating and talking with the server that sat down with them it was really funny. So I convince Dustin to just try and take me home and that I needed to just lay down for a little bit. So we get the van and are on our way home and I start passing out again. At this point Dustin decides that we are going to the hospital UNFORTUNATELY we don't know where the hospital is, note:find out where the hospital is when you move to a new place. So we stop at the fire station. The firefighters get an IV going and call an ambulance and I end up having to take an ambulance to the hopsital anyway. The girls started getting a little concerned at this point but then one of the fire fighters gave them hats and stickers and was showing them the fire truck and again they could have cared less. I guess that was a good thing. So anyway everything was fine all the tests came back normal. The doctor thinks is was just a combination of not having eaten or drank much over the last couple of days due to my throat and taking some strong pain killers and the hot weather etc. And I was able to get out of there pretty quickly. Anyway that was our fun day yesterday that started off so cute and ended so ugly. I am just praying that nobody else get this strain of strep because it has been one of the most painful things EVER!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Jess, I couldn't stop laughing (not at your expense of course!) What a day! Seriously, hilarious! I hope that you are feeling better! And Josey's independent attitude about what to wear and having to get shoes NOW reminds me so much of Ash..that's what she is going to be like!! Hahahaha...thanks for the good laugh! Get better soon!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

I was laughing the whole time I read this! I hope you are feeling better! Oh and Josey looks SO grownup and I love Lilly's hair!

Sarah said...

I could not believe that! I am so glad Dustin was there to help out. There's no way you could make that up! Hope things are going better for you now! Maybe it's a good thing the girls can't remember what happened! ;)

Wendy said...

What a miserable experience! I have to admit I was laughing, but it just goes to show what an amazing mom you are to take Josey on a day when you felt so miserable. Hope you feel better soon!