Monday, August 06, 2007

babysitters and soccer coaches

Okay so I know that blogging twice in one day makes me officially lame which is sad because I think I have been teetering on that for a while, at least in my eyes, BUT I had to add this in because I found it quite humorous. First off here are some things you don't want to hear from your babysitter or from your kids after the babysitter has gone home.

1.When you come home surprised to see your baby who should be asleep where you put her, up and in a different outfit than you left her and you ask the babysitter if your baby cried a lot and the answer is a tentative, "She didn't cry the WHOLE time." Translated: this annoying baby would NOT stop crying don't ever ask me to babysit again!

2.That is where Lilly (being 1!) spilled her own bowl of ice cream down the back of the couch (in the family room).

...............then you find out the reason your baby is in a different outfit and looks cleaner than you left her.......................

3. The reason the twelve year old babysitter had to give Lilly a bath was because she took her bowl of ice cream and dumped it on her head. (Besides the fact that she is twelve and not too experienced with babies, this wouldn't have bothered me but I was embarrased because in my haste to get out the door on time I let Lilly go to bed with syrup that she had smeared in her hair, thinking I would give her a bath in the morning. Meaning the babysitter saw Lilly with the syrup all over in her hair and she looked seriously homeless.)

3. "This is where Lilly really screamed when she fell off the step stool in the bathroom while we were talking." Where were you talking and why was Lilly in the bathroom by herself? "Well Hannah said that she told me to watch the water but I needed to tell her something and then when we came in Lilly had climbed up the stairs and we saw her fall back......she didn't even bonk her head that hard but she just screamed!" (so Lilly was in the bathroom by herself with the bath water running who knows how high...... forget the stairs!)

.......and we were only gone an hour............

If it weren't for the fact that she is my third I think that I would have been botheres by a few things. But as it was I actually felt more sorry for the babysitter than I did my own baby.

Here is the other funny thing. First off I swear that I really think that the way my girls idolize their dad is cute and I love it! I know that it is because I am here everyday and they are sick off me and they don't get to see their daddy all that often so he is really special. I just like complaining about it because I think it is funny. I know that every mom out there, including my own, can relate to being taken for granted as a mother and the daddy getting all the glory because that is how we set it up. By the way let me take this opportunity to thank my mother for all those things she did behind the scenes that my dad got the credit for. Thanks for being a great mom!
Dustin and I are coaching Joselyn's soccer team (very long story). It will probably be mostly Dustin unless he can't make it home then I get to take the nine co-ed six year olds. Given that I was the one who agreed to it, it is only fair. But I told Joselyn tonight that daddy was going to coach her soccer team. She was SOOOO excited and she just kept saying how much she wanted daddy to practice soccer with her. I kept trying to hint that I was the one who actually played soccer and that MOMMY could practice with her. But she was just obsessed with daddy. So I was putting her to bed and she just kept asking for daddy to come in and talk to her about her soccer team. Well the truth is I was the one who signed us up and I was the one who was willing to coach the team. But when it came down to the choice of either coaching nine 6 year olds or watching one little baby, Dustin opted for the 6 year olds, and I am totally fine with that. But I wanted SOME of the credit for doing this for her. So I said, "Well daddy AND mommy are going to coach your team isn't that great?" Seriously her face went to a complete dead pan and she said quietly, "Yeah...." I said, "Whats wrong with that?" She said, "....nothing.....", face still showing no expression. I said, "Did you just want it to be daddy?" (By the way I said that totally nicely and completely sincere.) She said, "......no.....?" Obviously mommy coaching her soccer team isn't quite as special as daddy coaching her soccer team. hahahaha. Oh well I guess I will let him get the glory for this one and I am sure that Joselyn will always remember that daddy coached her soccer team and that mom was too busy with the baby (that was said sarcastically if you couldn't tell).


probably dreaming about her daddy..........................


3 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Jess, you seriously have the best stories on your blog. I'm glad you blogged twice today, because it kept me laughing!

Jaime said...

Ok I can totally relate to every bit of your story. Even with the whole babysitter thing. It is such an adventure I sometimes wonder what I was thinking having five. Thank you for thanking your mom because that gives me hope that some day my kids will know I did something great during their up bringing. Your girls are so stinking cute I can't believe how big they all are.

Alli said...

jess, i would rather you coach my soccer team anyday. if i played soccer.