Monday, August 06, 2007

Silly Lilly

Lilly LOVES olives. If she sees them she just screams and growls until she gets some. We have cut back on having olives ever with our dinner because it is all she will eat. But she loves to put them on her fingers and she thinks it is so funny. On a side note she has finally figured out that I answer to the name of mommy. She won't stop yelling mommy just to get my reaction. It is cute but getting slightly annoying. Is it wrong if I stop answering to the name mommy for a while? I was thinking that I could try and teach her to call me something else entirely! How funny would that be? Dustin's friend Bob came to visit us a while back with his three boys. They were getting in their van and one of the boys said, "Bob can you buckle me?" I asked him if they call him Bob and he said that they can't get them to stop, they think that is what he is called. They don't call him dad they call him Bob. He thinks that the oldest got confused because dad and Bob are pretty close and he would hear Jenny call him Bob and it just stuck. They refer to their parents as my mom and my Bob instead of my mom and my dad. How funny is that? He sounds like the stepdad or something. Anyway I was thinking that maybe I could get Lilly to call me Jess. Maybe it would help me retain some identity?

2 comments:

Alli said...

lilly is just the cutest! i love her hair, and her cute little smile. that story made me laugh. it would be so funny to be called jess by just one of your kids. i say you do it just to be funny.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

How cute! I love you new background too.