Tuesday, August 28, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SAMANTHA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!

pause....pause....


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR NEW BABY JEFFSOMETHING, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!

So my youngest baby sister is turning 19 today and I want her to know that I think she is the most fun, most beautiful girl and that I miss her and adore her and I hope you have a great birthday. I think it is really nice of you to babysit Caitlyn today for Jeff and Missy and I know they appreciate it. And if you get this answer your phone already!

My brother Jeff is having his second baby today and I am so excited for him. After being surrounded by girls his whole life he is finally getting a little guy to be best friends with. I think you are an amazing dad and that you and Missy are doing such a good job with Caitlyn you are such an example to me. You are going to be a GREAT dad to a little boy and I want you to know I love you and wish that I was there to help out and hold little JEFF? when he enters your family. Love you guys!

This is for you Alyssa. You wanted to know what Dustin did for our date the other night. Do you ever feel after you have been married for so long with kids that nothing is a surprise anymore? Dustin and I go out on date nights and basically fight the whole day over who has to decide what we are doing and then we get in the car and believe me there have been many many times that Dustin just starts driving telling me that he is just going to drive until I tell him where to go. Which is usually which restaurant we are eating at or what movie we are going to see because that is all we ever do! Now they are still fun dates and I always enjoy my time alone with Dustin and look forward to our dates but when someone takes the initiative and actually plans something on their own THAT is a big deal. So the date might not sound like much but it was really fun. Portland is known as the Rose City for all the flowers I assume. Well they have a huge rose garden that overlooks the city and it is HUGE. There are thousands of roses in all different colors and sizes. Well I have wanted to go there for a long time. SO that is where we went first and just walked around the garden admiring all the beautiful flowers. I am sure that many a girls has been proposed to there in the almost hundred years it has been there it is very romantic. I plan on going back with my kids and my camera it is SO beautiful. Then when I got back into the car he had roses waiting for me on my seat. That was a pre married move! Then we went to this posh, quaint little place in the cool part of Portland called Papa Hydens for dessert. They have the most desserts I have ever seen, two pages of them and the BEST desserts ever and it is the cutest place to walk around. They have all the trees lit up every night of the year in white twinkle lights and there are just tons of little boutiques all over that are fun to even window shop. So I got the chocolate truffle cake and that alone would have made my night! I didn't know where we were going tho whole night and that added to the fun. Anyway that was it and then we headed home and it was pretty late. We don't live that close to the city so it takes us a while to get into the city but it was very fun and I am very proud of him for doing it for me.

5 comments:

Williams Fam said...

OH the good ol' Rose Garden!! Ryan and I had our first date there, and I was one of those hundreds of girls that was proposed to there as well!Hehe-LOL!
Isn't it beautiful there! I love it!! YOu are making me miss Portland just hearing you talk about it!! YOu definitely have to go on some more dates down-town. It is so much fun, and so cute!! The waterfront is great too!! The girls would love it!! Anyways, sounded like an awesome date!! Way to go Dustin!! Such a stud!! Glad you're loving POrtland!! We'll have to come visit one of these days!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Such a romantic man...Way to go Dustin! Now just tell Dustin to send an email to all the other husbands telling them how easy it was to plan such a great date!

Heidi said...

Okay, Dustin sounds EXACTLY like Andrew! He will just get in the car and start driving and tell me to pick somewhere--then we can't agree, so we end up at like the movies or Barnes & Noble! I always want to have dinner somewhere that doesn't have a drive thru, but he gets sick of all the restaurants because he eats at those places all week long for lunch!!
I agree with the above comment--Dustin needs to tell all husbands how to plan something like that. Your date sounded so fun.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Sounded like so much fun! I'll have to have Darrell read that. Sad to say he is the one who usually plans our more romantic dates. I just get so busy and kind of forget- poor Darrell. We have a sitter planned for the 7th- maybe I'll surprise him!!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Thanks Jess, that was really nice of you to say. We are so excited and at least if I do get pinned down and dressed up like a girl in a few years, I can claim it was done by a male. I am sure it was all the girls in my life that have given me the qualities it takes, to hopefully be a good husband and father. I wouldn't trade any of you for a brother. Well, maybe Becky. Ha Ha... Love you.