Monday, August 27, 2007

What a weekend!

We had a very eventful weekend! On Saturday we went and picked peaches, apples, and pears and the girls had a blast. Dustin was really good about not letting me take all the pictures and trying to get me in a few. Unfortunately I tried to post one but everytime I pulled up my blog and saw myself I started to dry heave so I had to remove it.
They had these cool handcart thingys that made transporting the kids around the farm a lot easier.....for me anyway. Daddy the pack mule! They loved it.

By the way this is Joselyn's outfit of choice down to the socks and boots.

Saturday night Dustin and I went on a really fun date that he planned and surprised me about. We went with another couple and that was fun but Dustin did a really good job planning a very fun date. I was very impressed and surprised that he would go to such lengths to plan a date but it was great! I guess the pressure is on me for next time.
Then on Sunday morning I woke up to Maddy smiling at me. I noticed that her other top tooth FINALLY came out! Her tooth has been really loose for a long time and she would not let anyone touch it. I have just been waiting and waiting for it to fall out. So I asked her if it fell out with the babysitter and she said no. I asked her if it fell out this morning and she said no. I asked her when it fell out and she said sometime during the night. So I asked he if she found it in her bed and she said no. We are figuring that she swallowed it! Gross! But it is out, and of course the tooth fairy forgot to come AGAIN last night so I had to call her (conveniently her number is the same number as Daddy's work number) this morning and remind her to come tonight. We have the WORST tooth fairy. The last picture on the blog is of her new smile.
Later that morning I was debating about giving the girls a bath before church. They ALWAYS bathe before church but I was supposed to sing in Sacrament meeting and I really wanted to make sure I felt like I looked okay which meant curling my hair and taking a few extra minutes on the face...you know! Anyway I decided not to give them a bath and that it would be fine on this ONE Sunday. Anyway about an hour before church and a half hour before I am supposed to head up to the church to warm up with the girl I was singing with, the music coordinator calls and says that the girl can't make it because her little son was in the hospital sick (and he is fine by the way). But she asks if my girls would like to sing a primary song instead. So I know that my girls would love too but I am not sure if we can pull it off in a half hour. So we ran downstairs and started paracticing songs until I found one they knew all the words to. We decided to sing "Whenever I hear the song of a bird". So now I look great but my girls look ragged, OF COURSE! We head up to the church to let them practice in the microphone and they are going crazy. Totally out of control not listening forgetting the words and I am thinking this is going to go TERRIBLY wrong. I was going to play the piano but at the last minute I asked somebody else because I could only imagine going up there and the girls forgetting the words and looking at me over on the piano and starting to cry and then what do I do. So sacrament came and the girls were fine not even seeming to worry about it. Daddy on the other hand was freaking out! It was really funny and cute. Well it comes their time to sing and we get up and walk up to the microphone. I fixed the microphone and sat down behind them and started praying. THEY DID GREAT! They remembered evey word and I didn't have to get up and sing the song myself. Right as we got up there Maddy looked at me and said frantically that she didn't remember the song, but I reminded her what it was. It cracked me up. Anyway we were really proud of them for doing it and for being brave enough to get up there and sing in front of all those people on such short notice. But it was a really surreal experience for Dustin and I. As I was sitting there watching them from behind I saw a flash into the future as they become young women and as I am left watching in the background just hoping that I prepared them enough. It was their moment to shine and to perform and up until now it has been my memories of my moments of shining that are the freshest in my head. I enjoyed watching them sing as much I enjoy singing and that was odd to me. Dustin said he was fighting back the tears the whole time because he couldn't believe how old they looked up there. We are the biggest saps, I know, but it is just wierd watching our little girls grow up. Anyway I didn't mean for this to get really long but I guess I had a lot to say.
These last few pictures are just some funny pictures I found that Joselyn took when I let her take the camera with her. We went and met Dustin for lunch in the city the other day and she wanted to bring the camera. So I let her and she seriously took like 100 pictures but that is the beauty of a digital camera! These pictures are so funny though.







4 comments:

Heidi said...

Don't you love it when the kids get a hold of the camera? So funny seeing those pictures of you picking fruit because my dad had one of those handcart thingys (I always called it a wheelbarrow) and seeing it totally reminded me of my childhood!! And way to go Dustin on planning and surprising your wife with a date---I wouldn't know what that's like!

Sarah said...

That entry is so sweet-the fruit picking, the date, the singing, all of it! How nice to have a weekend like that (even once a year counts!).

Alli said...

i can't believe they sang in sacrament meeting! i would not have been able to hold back the tears. and that quote that jocey said.... hilarious.

Darrell and Alissa said...

I'm amazed they were brave enough to sing! Great job for them! So tell us about the fun date- I want details!