Thursday, August 30, 2007

Jumping jacks at 30....'nuff said.

Okay I had to blog about this because I still can't believe that I am coaching this soccer team. I had to coach the team by myself for the first time tonight! Dustin called me this morning and told me that he wasn't going to be able to make it to the practice because he was going to have to work late. Seriously my stomach fell out of me and I started to panic. I tried to keep telling him to just call me and let me know if for sure he wasn't going to make it so that I could still keep up hope that he might be there and he kept telling me that he WASN'T going to be able to be there but I think he finally gave in and said he would call if he was going to make it. Of course he never called. So I dropped of Lilly and Maddy at a friends and headed up to the practice with Joselyn, who didn't even really want to go, she wanted to stay and play at her friends house. But I told her this was our special time together and I asked her if she could be my big helper at the practice. She flat out told me no! BUT she was excited to have her special time with mommy. So anyway I said a prayer before I got out of the car because that was how scared I was and headed over to the field. It went REALLY REALLY well surprisingly and seriously I LOVE the kids on the team. They are all so cute and I really love five year olds. They are just so innocent and sweet and so enthusiastic. I really don't have any bratty kids on the team, they are all just there to play and really want to please the coach, which is a plus. BUT can I just say that it stinks to have like 25 parents and family members (including someones grandparents that come to EVERY practice) watching you the entire time. I wouldn't be nervous if the parents weren't there! But there is no reason that a mother of three who needs to lose a good portion of body fat should have to be doing jumping jacks in front of other adults, yet I am out there doing that. No pride, no pride. One of the mothers came up to me afterwards and asked me if I was an elementary teacher becase she thought that for sure I was. I told her I wasn't of course. But it did make me feel really good that obviously she must have thought I was doing a pretty good job. I told Dustin the other day that I am actually really glad that I signed up for this because you know as you become an adult there are less and less opportunities that really push you and stretch you. When you are an adult you can choose what you want to accept to do and what you aren't comfortable with, much more than when you are a kid or a teenager and everything pretty much is about growing and stretching. This is the first thing in a REALLY long time that has really made me grow and stretch and be really uncomfortable and I already feel the benefits internally from it. Anyway I am still hoping that I will never have to practice without Dustin there again, he is definately my crutch!

On a side note I just wanted to let everyone know I completed my four mile run which is farther than I have run in probably nine years, since before I was married and I feel really good about that. While I was running, my running shorts started slipping off my birthing hips and if that isn't incentive I don't know what else would be. YEAH!

3 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

I think jumping jacks at this point with my nursing ta ta's would give me black eyes. how are yours?

Heidi said...

Wish I had that problem with my "ta ta's." Way to go on the 4 mile run---having to buy smaller running shorts is an awesome incentive!!

Williams Fam said...

Ta ta's-LOL-That's a nice word!! I think you are a trooper for doing this! I would be so nervous with all of those parents watching me!!Good for you-