Monday, September 17, 2007

Boyfriends and popcorn

My sister-in-law Wendy posted a bit about her little five year old boy Tyler who has gotten married, or has two girlfriends, not sure which today. It made me laugh and I thought I would show how it must run in the family. Joselyn has decided that she has a little boyfriend too. His name is Benjamin and he is on our soccer team and then ended up in her Kindergarten class and they sit right next to each other. Well we had a game recently and the both of them ended up on the side lines and we all got to witness their love for each other. They couldn't stay off of each other! They were hugging and playing with each others hair, and touching each others noses, and holding hands out on the field AND at one point I looked over and Josey had tackled him trying to kiss him! At that point I was very startled and ripped her off of him and sat her on her bum and tried to keep one on the field and one on the side lines at all times. Needless to say it was a little embarassing and funny and we had "a talk" about personal space and not laying on our friends kissing them. She still comes home and tells me all about Ben and how they sit together, they play together and they walk around the playground together and hold hands. Like Wendy said, cute when they are five, scary in ten years. The dark haired on is Ben. This is Dustin's new favorite picture I think. Lilly has become obsessed with popcorn! She loves popcorn and she loves to carry it around in a little bowl. She asks for it almost everyday. The cute thing is she carries it like this and rarely spills it. It is just an accident if she does end up spilling it and she is very upset and we have to pick it up and put it back in the bowl for her to carry. She carries it just like this too, with her one arm, way up high by her face. It is really cute!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

How funny!! Joselyn must learn that behavior from her parents--aren't you always tackling Dustin to the ground to kiss him? (Ha Ha)
And way to go on passing the bar Dustin--that must be a big relief!

Darrell and Alissa said...

What have you been teacing Josy?! You know kids repeat things they've seen, so I'm with Heidi about you tackling Dustin down!! Glad to hear Dustin passed- what will life be like with out a bar hanging over his head?! You're girl's are so cute- Lexi loves readng your blog and laughs at all the things Maddy does!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

I love the picture of Lilly! So cute.

Wendy said...

I have decided that I will not freak out about the girlfriend situation with Tyler. I remember Olivia coming home after her first week of kindergarten and telling me she had a boyfriend (one of the Cummins boys actually) and now in the 3rd grade she tells boys,"I would rather not have a boyfriend". She actually said this to 2 boys who asked her who she would rather go out with! I am hoping it is a stage that will go away!

Heidi said...

Yes, Jessica I'm going to Groom. I think I always pick bad appt times, like right before lunch. Now that I'm going every 2 weeks I think I'll stick to first appt of the day!