Thursday, September 27, 2007

How much weight did she gain?

So I don't know who else heard about this story but......oh......my.......gosh. This woman in Russia had a seventeen pound baby girl. SEVENTEEN POUNDS!!!! Can you even imagine? I don't even want to think about the labor of that child but on the flip side I know I am always secretly hoping I give birth to a seventeen pound baby as that would justify some of my weight gain when I am pregnant. Am I right? (On a side note she does not hold the record for largest baby ever born. That would be a 23 pound baby boy that was born in Italy in the 1950's.)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That doesn't even seem possible! I think I am lucky to have them as small and healthy as I do (6'8" & 6'9"). I can't even imagine going through that. How tall is she or the husband--yowzer!

Heidi said...

I love that I have big healthy babies, but this is ridculous!!!Being almost 9 months pregnant, stories like this do not amuse me because I have had nightmares about having ginormous babies before. I pray she delivered by c-section. I wonder if she had gestational diabetes or way overdue or something---some doctor was not paying attention during her pregnancy!

Alli said...

oh my gosh, that baby weighs the same as me at 23! weird. actually that would be a little scary, cause then you would be giving birth to a baby over 100 pounds. at least you wouldn't feel as bad gaining a ton of weight during your pregnancy!

Wendy said...

I think the funniest part of that picture is the terrified looking baby staring at the ginormous baby.