Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's officially done with

It is official! Dustin was sworn in today down in Salem and he can now legally practice law as an Oregon attorney. YEAH! Way to go Dustin! We are so relieved that the last process is over and we are done done done. We drove down to Salem with the girls today to go to the swearing in and after we had been driving about a half hour I realized that I forgot the camera. I hate that. I wanted to get some pictures of Dustin taking his oath for evidence later on in his practice. jk But seriously I got all the girls dressed up cute and we all matched wearing different brown dresses and everyone looked so cute I was excited to maybe get a picture with everyone looking half way decent, because it so rarely happens. But alas no camera. It turned out okay thought because once we got there Dustin went in and registered and signed some document and then we went to go sit down in the auditorium. Well the swearing in in Las Vegas was a little different than the one here. In Las Vegas all the attorneys had to sit down front together leaving the families in the back. It was okay last time because I had Dustin's parents with me and I only had the two older girls. So I was gearing up to have to sit all alone with all three girls and that was a daunting task to me. To have to keep them quiet, especially Lilly for 45 minutes is literally impossible. I bought new coloring books and let the girls pick a special piece of candy to eat during the ceremony to keep their mouths occupied and started drilling them on what they do if I have to take Lilly out. Well, when we went to sit down I was pleasantly surprised that Dustin could sit with us. I was very relieved. Then we started thinking, do we even have to be here? So Dustin went and asked someone if he had to stay and actually take the oath and they said no. He had already signed the oath paper and the ceremony was just for our enjoyment. Well we opted to enjoy ourselves somewhere else. We left! We drove all the way down there to sign a piece of paper. We still had a good time. We found a mall and walked around for a while and just hung out with the girls. So we didn't actually see Dustin raise his hand and take an oath but I am okay with that. Good job anyway Dusti-poo.

2 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Yea Dustin! Good job!

AJM said...

Nice job Dustin. Kristin didn't think you could do it, but I always believed in you.