Thursday, September 20, 2007

mmm..mmm..good


Everyone needs to go out right now and find at least three friends that you think make good food. Three friends of mine and I are doing dinner swaps. Maybe some of you have done this before but this is new to me and I am so excited about it and I think everyone should do it! So there are four of us and we each picked a day out of the week to bring dinner to each other. My day is Monday and I make four main dishes and deliver them to the other three people. I don't cook them or anything I just assemble them and take them over sometime during the day with instructions on how to cook or warm up. Then someone else brings me dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. If I am lucky I will have leftovers on Friday and that means I really only have to cook about three days out of the week. For someone who doesn't love love love to cook, this is great. I don't mind cooking but sometimes it just gets boring and I feel like I serve the same thing over and over again. Occasionally I will try something new off the internet but you always run the risk of it being disgusting, and I have had those experiences. Sometime I will write about the putrid brocolli crock-pot dish I made once that literally made us evacuate our house and seriously tasted like something that involuntarily comes up your throat, nasty is the best word to describe it. ANYWAY this is our first week but already I can see how awesome this is going to be! I have not had to worry about dinner at all this week except for Monday (and it was already made that morning sitting in my fridge so I didn't have to think about it at five o-clock when everyone is going a little crazy at my house), and we have had enchiladas, corn chowder, empanadas, and sweet and sour chicken WITH homemade eggrolls. I have the whole month planned out with everyones meals and it is so easy! I think everyone should try it. It is definately more beneficial than a hassle!

4 comments:

Steve said...

I am jealous. I have heard of doing those but I am afraid that people would want to kick me out after awhile because I am a really lousy cook!

Heidi said...

Jessica, I've always wanted to do a dinner swap thing, but never found anyone around here that's very interested. Please share any wonderful recipes so I can try them out myself!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I love dinner swaps- that's the only way my family eats these days!

Sarah said...

I am going to have to try this! I have some friends that are great cooks (and I am picky). I'm just afraid that I would forget or something and let everyone down. I'll bring it up though!