Monday, September 03, 2007

Shout out

I just had to do a quick shout out to Dustin! Sarturday I ran my first long run which really isn't that long but it seems long to me. I had to go six miles! I went up to the track which meant 24 times around...it was really really boring and I don't plan on going to the track again for those long runs. Anyway we were planning on taking the girls to the state fair that day so I tried to get up early and run so I would be done and we could go. Well my alarm clock didn't go off and I got started later than I had hoped. Anyway about half way Dustin showed up with the girls and an ice cold water bottle! Could that be any sweeter? I really needed some water too. I told him that I wasn't even half way done yet and that I still had to go 14 more times around. Instead of making me feel like I had to hurry because we were trying to leave he just asked me if I was okay. I told him I was and he told the girls they would go home and eat breakfast and wait for mommy. It was really sweet and very supportive and I wanted to publicly tell him that I really appreciated the water and I really appreciate the support!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Jessica---love all the pictures, especially the temple ones--the grounds are beautiful! And what a nice husband you have!

Anonymous said...

Jess-six miles is very impressive. I am not a runner but I try to run quite a bit and even going more than 3 miles is tough. you are my hero.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Jess, I love your quote of the days. They are always hilarious