Monday, September 10, 2007

tears again?



Joselyn took the bus for the first time today and of course I started crying again! She looked so little getting on that big huge bus. She said she was quite nervous last night so we picked out her favorite new shirt that says lucky duck on it for good luck but this morning she was just fine and when the bus driver called for the kindergarteners to get on first she jumped right on and I didn't even have time to say good-bye. I kissed Maddy good-bye but Joselyn was already sitting with some little girls chatting away. She didn't even wave to me out the window! I think that was why I cried more than anything, gosh I am a silly mom. Anyway she kept asking me to follow the bus the night before. Well when she got on I thought she doesn't even know if I followed the bus or not but of course I still drove up to the school parked and got out and waited for her. I stood somewhere she wouldn't see me because I wanted to see how she was getting off the bus and how the school and bus driver were going to handle her finding her classroom but of course she was fine and they had the older kids walk the kindergarteners down to their classroom in a line. So I popped out of my hiding spot and surprised her and walked with her down to her classroom and gave her a kiss that I missed and said good-bye. Then I saw Maddy again and said good-bye and she was the one that got all sullen and whiny not wanting me to leave, ironic! So again I will say that the bus system here rocks! They actually drop Josey off in front of my house. They drive all the kindergarteners home to their houses. If they don't see me then they take them back to the school of course but how nice is it that I just have to stand on my front porch as they drop her off. Anyway, she did great, mommy did okay, and I will get used to it and she is excited to take it again tomorrow.

5 comments:

Alli said...

how cute. you are such a cry baby. i love it. and i love the quotes that you put up, i crack up all the time.

Darrell and Alissa said...

you're so funny- I can't really laugh much, cause I know exactly how you feel!

Heidi said...

Curbside bus service is a pretty sweet thing---I remember how much I loved riding the bus in elementary school in Texas. At least the girls have each other to ride with in the morning :)

Williams Fam said...

You are such a cute mom, Jessica! I'm sure it's bittersweet with two of your three gone during the day!

Sarah said...

It's hard to be a mom! Kids are there 24/7 and then they are gone--just like that. Rude! You handled it great, I'm going to call you next year when Jadyn goes!