Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Portland Trailblazers

For FHE this week we went to the fan night for the Trailblazers. It was free. So the girls and I met Dustin downtown and made our way over the stadium. Unfortunately we missed all the pre-game stuff but oh well. It was still fun.

I don't know why my girls have their fingers up in this picture. Apparently Joselyn is number one and Maddy is number two or she wants peace.
I have no idea why there was a big pencil there but Josey wanted a picture with it. Neither Maddy nor Lilly would go near it.
Here is Dustin trying to get his girls to be sports fans with him. The funniest part is that when the cheerleader/dancers came out is when the girls really perked up! After it was over they said that was their favorite part. Poor daddy....actually maybe that was Dustin's favorite part too. just kidding. I have to say though that when the dancers came out I almost took my girls out to the hallways. They were dressed SOOOO risque. They basically had on bikinis and go go boots. And at first they started dancing to "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me". Not exactly the song I would like my kids to hear and know. It is just so frustrating to try and explain to them why those girls are wearing such immodest clothing and dancing the way they were. I can't explain it because there really is no excuse for it. And on a side note they STANK! Maybe they were hoping that everyone would be distracted by the outfits and not notice the fact that like half of them couldn't really dance?

This is how cheap we are. When we were leaving they were handing out coupons for free Chalupas from Taco Bell. I happen to pass the lady that was handing them out and I showed it to Dustin. He actually braved pushing his way back into the moving crowd with the girls (so they could each get a coupon) just to get some free Chalupas. What's wrong with us?

3 comments:

Steve said...

i Hat trying to explain modest clothes to the girls also. They love to watch dance show and they always ask why the dancers are not wearing modest clothes.

Heidi said...

oh you make me laugh so hard Jessica--you sound just like me!! I talk to my kids so much about immodesty that they now point it out to me all the time. And we would do anything for free Chalupa coupons too---we love Taco Bell!

Darrell and Alissa said...

What's wrong with dancing around in bikini's and boots?! I do it on a weekly basis.