Monday, November 26, 2007

Moyes Farm

As we were leaving, Dustin just snapped a few pictures of some of the farm. For those that haven't been lucky enough to visit Murtaugh or even HEAR of Murtaugh, these are a few pictures of where Dustin grew up. I know that it is Dustin's home town but it is always hard for me to leave as well. I don't know if it is because I lived there for a few summers or if it is all the stories Dustin has told me or if it is merely the fact that we have such wonderful family there but we are both always a little sad to say good-bye. It is really beautiful in it's own way and a very peaceful place to live. The winter pictures don't really do it justice. In the summer time it is really pretty with all the different fields full of different plants. I think Dustin is very lucky to have the unique childhood that he had and I can't think of a better place for three BOYS to grow up! This is the junk pile that the girls were so excited about. They liked looking for treasures where daddy used to look for things when he was a boy.
I guess this is a fort that they used to pay in? I am not sure the girls just really liked to tell me about the fort.

The red house on the right is the house Dustin grew up in. His parents have moved up the road into his grandparents old house and some of their farm help live in the red house now. The white house on the left is the house Dustin and I lived in when we were first married. I still can't really believe that we lived there. It is REALLY old and many of his family have lived in the house. I think we are the only ones of our generation to brave the house but it is a fun memory.

Murtaugh lake.





No comments: