Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick-or-Treat

Well let me start just by saying that I am really sad that I forgot my camera when we were going trick-or-treating AND I accidentally erased a couple of pictures with our friends we went trick-or-treating with (which is bad because I was supposed to give her a copy because she didn't have a camera), oh well. I ended up with these pictures and they aren't great but at least I got ONE of the three together in their costumes. The day seemed to get away from me and I didn't even get a nose or whiskers on Lilly because I left my eye liner at the school. I really wanted to get a picture of Lilly trick-or-treating for the first time. She LOVED it and was so excited to got more and more candy in her bag. She kept saying "candy", "I want candy" which sounded more like, "Ah ahn cannee", but as a mom you can figure it out. Anyway she went for about a half hour and then daddy took her home so the older girls could get some REAL trick-or-treating done. I don't think Lilly wanted to stop but it was bedtime and so to bed she went. I have to say that our neighborhood was THEE BEST neighborhood to trick-or-treat in EVER! There were hundreds of kids trick-or-treating. They were everywhere and it was so fun to see everyone running from house to house. We actually went through two and a half bags of Costco sized candy, that is how many kids were out running around. I think that our neighborhood is the biggest and the closest in to the city for all those people that live on alot of property and have no neighbors so everyone comes to ours to go trick-or-treating. We saw lots of people we knew and the girls just ran from house to house. I wanted to take pictures of some of the houses as well. There were so many people that went all out on their house decorations. On every street there were probably at least two houses that had SCARY stuff going on in their yards. It was really really fun for the girls and their friends. People gave out GOOD stuff too. The girls got multiple full size candy bars and then just random stuff like soda cans and money. Of course Josey tuckered out when we were quite far from our house and just whined the whole way home but she still had to hit all the houses on the way home. Josey pass up candy....NEVER! We have two recovering candy addicts today, Lilly and Josey (Maddy isn't really big on candy). It was fun and the girls are already planning their costumes for next year. So far we have a vampire and a cheerleader.



By the way all my Halloween decorations were taken down by 8 am this morning, are you all impressed?





8 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

I'm totally impressed you had everythng down this morning!! Loved the pictures!

Jill Johnson said...

I did have my camera and I only ended up with pics of my girls, sorry none of Carter. Whoops!!!

Alli said...

sooo fun! i can't wait to write about our trick or treating. so much fun. i wish halloween was twice a year. i love it!

Heidi said...

Cute pics---way to go on getting all the decor put away so fast!!! And I love the new "fall" look of your blog :)

Williams Fam said...

I love the costume coordination!! Yes, that is crazy for a kid to pass on getting more candy. She must have been REALLY tired!! I agree with everyone else-You seriously have the cutest blog layouts!! I love it!

Jennie Z said...

Wow, I can't believe you got Halloween out of the way so fast. You must be excited for Thanksgiving! I still haven't taken down Halloween- Maybe today! By the way you have such a cute blog. Where do you get all of your cute graphics? It looks like you also try to write everyday. Very impressive!

Gretch said...

How Fun! And wow, look at the loot your girls got! All the girls look super cute! It must be a lot of fun when the kids actually get the concept of Halloween. You must be tuckered out from such a long day?

I can't believe that Maddy is wearing contacts and that she can do it all by herself! That must be so nice. She looks really cute like always.

I agree you do have a great blog. Where do you get all your layouts?

THE REBER FAMILY said...

i forgot my camera when we took CJ trick or treating too. I was sooo mad! My decorations will probably stay up till thanksgiving. You're amazing!