Saturday, December 15, 2007

is this appetizing to anyone?


Dustin had his firm Christmas party tonight. It was something that we really needed to be at considering law is more political than politics! But I wokeup this morning with THIS eye. Maybe it doesn't look THAT bad in the picture but believe me as the night went on it got scarier and scarier. So I tried everything I could think of all day, hoping that maybe it was just something irritating my eye or something. Well when it was time to go this is what I looked like. I of course wanted to look good since I don't see his co-workers very often and some of them I have never met. So I tried just WILL my eye to get better and I put my make-up on and just pretend that there was nothing wrong. Now I know that usually when someone looks you in the eye that is a good thing but I swear everyone was just looking at THE eye. SO embarrassing! So we had to mingle and eat dinner and I am sure everyone at my table lost their appetite because as the night went on my eye just kept getting worse and worse. Almost all my make-up had come off on ONLY one eye and my eye just kept getting puffier and puffier (probably due to the mascara and contact I was wearing) which sure didn't make me look wierd or anything. I seriously looked deformed, not exactly the impression I was hoping to leave (Beck think bee sting 1985). So the best part is the story that Dustin and I made up about why my eye looked the way it did. I know that I have a full blown case of conjunctivitis that is probably completely contagious and believe me I didn't want to be there except that I felt like I NEEDED to be there for my husband. So Dustin and I decided to tell people that I got poked in the eye. I know that that can happen but it just cracks me up. I GOT POKED IN THE EYE! Anyway needless to say we left as soon as we ate even though Dustin probably should have stayed but I just coudn't take it anymore. It was one of the most miserable experiences of my life.We came home and I immediately washed all the eye make-up off and I guess we will head to the doctor tomorrow to get some medicine before I lose my eye. And maybe someday the partners will take pity on him because of his poor deformed wife and give us a raise or something, you never know.

10 comments:

Marisa said...

You poor thing! It seems like weird stuff like that ALWAYS happens to me, so it's comforting to know I am not the only one who has to lie about my ailments! Hahaha. Your blog is so entertaining.

Heidi said...

oh Jessica I'm so sorry!! I hate when stuff like that happens! I was so sick for one of Andrew's office parties, but felt that it was important to go--it was miserable for me! Hope your pink eye clears up soon....

Wendy said...

That is horrible Jessica! I hope you feel better soon!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

That doesn't look fun...but you do look great!

Alli said...

well, the picture doesn't look THAT bad, but i am can imagine what it looked like as the night went on. my eyes always turn to slits when i am allergic to something. maybe dustin put a cat over your eye while you were sleeping. sounds like sabotage.

Darrell and Alissa said...

At least you didn't wear red- that would have really made it stand out! Hopefully it won't last too long and hopefully everyone bought the story of being poked in the eye!

BethReberFrancis said...

Maybe you are allergic to turtles!j/k I think you still look beautiful even with one eye!
Love, Mom
PS I'm sorry I didn't get back to you last night. I fell asleep! I will call you on my break.

Jennie Z said...

I haven't seen you in a long time, so when I looked at your picture, the first thing I noticed was how skinny your face looks! I hardly noticed the eye. You look great! Is it due to all of your marathon training? What have you been doing??

Gretch said...

OF ALL THE DAYS?? That is really too bad! Those work parties are stressful enough-making sure your talking to the right people and saying the right things, hoping your not saying something dumb-that is what I worry about anyways.

I can't imagine worrying about all that and having everyone looking at your eye. Were you going crazy wanting to itch it all night? I'm so sorry! If it is any consolation, I think you look very pretty even with the eye.

Oh and I love that you guys made up a story, that is hilarious!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Attack of the killer Cyclops. Was everything one dimensional? Just kiddin, I don't think it looks bad at all, but I too remember the bee sting of 85. I can still see your eye in my nightmares.