Friday, January 04, 2008

I'm it!

Okay so I was tagged by my sister-in-law, Liz, to tell six interesting things about myself. I was having a hard time thinking of interesting things about myself but I could think of a lot of things that proved that I was the nerdiest person alive! I thought I would let you know how nerdy I have been in my life. Here is a list of 20 things, in no particular order, that I like or have done, that will convince you that I am the nerdiest person ever (Alli might be able to give me run for my money though).....if you didn't already know that! (Honestly it wasn't very hard for me to think of 20 things. This is pretty much off the top of my head.)

1. I like science fiction......A LOT. I would pick a science fiction movie over a romance or comedy any day. There was a time in my life that I might have actually been characterized as a trekky.
2. The only crushes I can remember having as a kid were on Will Wheaton (I know many of you probably don't even know who that is. He was on Star Trek.) and........Bill Murry. Apparently I have always been attracted to thin, balding, funny men (Dustin).
2. I like video games. I like to play them. I have been known to play computer games as well.
3. I played the clarinet and I was actually pretty good.
4. I once had a leadership campaign that said "Catch the fever, vote for Reber".
5. I asked for a barbie doll for a birthday.....but it was my fourteenth birthday!
6. I once cried to my photography teacher to change my grade from a B to an A because, as I so eloquently screamed at him through my tears, "I would NEVER get into college with a B in photography".
7. I once on the spur of the moment made up a gymnastics floor routine that I had to perform in front of many people.
8. I drank someone elses urine in my Biology class at BYU just because I was curious about how you would detect if someone had diabetes.
9. I didn't get my first kiss until I was 16 (that is a story in and of itself. Let's just say it involves a graveyard and Kenny G.) Now it wasn't that I didn't have opportunities, I was just to nervous to actually do it. I honestly have about five REALLY REALLY awkward stories of boys trying to kiss me and I just couldn't do it.
10. In high school I drove a gold Toyota minivan, circa 1985. It would overheat about every ten miles so I constantly had to pull over and add stuff to the engine so that I could actually drive from one place to another.
11. In college my car wouldn't go in reverse (it is a long story). So I had to strategically park so that I never had to go in reverse. If this wasn't possible I would actually have to get out of the car and push it out of the parking stall.
12. I once got caught in my apartment, by myself, in college trying to mimic a dance move I saw on MTV.
13. I clogged in a talent show.
14. Once on a first date I was carrying a tray of food back to my table following my date and I tripped and ketchup flew off my tray and landed on the couple eating at the table in front of me.
15. Once someone asked me "Who's your daddy?" and I seriously told her that his name was Jeff Reber. I didn't know that statement.
16. When I was a kid I used to pretend that I was deaf when I would go to the mall with my mom, and I would only talk in sign language. Then sometimes I would practice doing interviews with different accents in front of the mirror. I do a MEAN deaf French woman.
17. In junior high a friend and I performed a song in the talent show. That isn't so bad except that it was a show tune called "I Enjoy Being a Girl". Wow....bad decisions.
18. In high school I was in the Jazz Ensemble (nerdy). We had to perform all the time in very "flattering" dresses. But once we had to perform in a rally and our teacher made us do a show choir routine entitled "Keepers of the Groove" (that says it all). But if you don't know what that is, think Napoleon Dynamite and his sign language song except there was dancing involved, cheesy singing, lame poses and hundreds of my peers watching.
19. Once my sister actually let me tag along with some of her older friends when I was like 13 or 14. We were at a park and I sat in DOG POO!
AND if those didn't convince you here is the best reason,
20. When I wear my glasses they are ALWAYS crooked on my face.....always.


So there you go TWENTY things to show that I might be the nerdiest person out there! I am not going to tag anyone because I don't know who else out there wants to share how nerdy they are. But I would love to hear it if you are!

11 comments:

Marisa said...

YOU DID NOT DRINK SOMEONE'S URINE. Jess, your blog always makes me laugh. Either laugh, or go to sleep totally shocked.

Liz said...

Oh thank you!!!!!! I could not stop laughing and then I had to read it again to laugh even more. You are so funny!

Abby said...

Jessica that is why we love you so!!!! You are so much fun to be around because you are always up to having a great time and will try anything!!!!!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Urine Jessica?! Those things are so funny about you- and they don't make you the nerdiest- they make you the funniest and funnest!!

Heidi said...

Oh Jessica, thanks for the laughs. As I read #7 I recalled you telling us that story at Claim Jumper and I started to laugh out loud. But please tell me you didn't actually drink urine!! I hear you though on crooked glasses---my nose is crooked so sunglasses have never fit me right!!

Jill Johnson said...

I miss you so much. Jessica stories are the best. I thought I had heard them all. the Urine is sick. Your shower story was missing from the list. That is the best ever. Miss you

JasonDebbie said...

Hey theres nothing wrong with being a Treckie! I've been to the Star Trek exhibit like 3 times and I'm not afraid to wear my starfleet acadamy t-shirt. In high school I would tell people that they were just too dumb to understand all the science stuff they talked about on the show.:)

Alli said...

you are really a dork, however, i found that many of those things could easily be added to a list made by me. I was laughing sooo hard! especially becuase half those things you did when you were over the age of 13. I think i am going to do a list of how accident proned i am....

Wendy said...

Funny, Jess. Was the urine really bad tasting? Did it make you gag? Not that I am going to try it EVER, but I was just curious what you thought.

Nick and Lauren said...

Hey guys I have a blog too...I have a feeling Dustin didn't pick this music playing on the site though lol

BethReberFrancis said...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! The "Whose your daddy?" Was the one that made me laugh the hardest. (I already knew about the rest of your list)But, truth be known, my list of why you have been such a lovely daughter and why I am soo proud of you would take pages and pages to write! I Love you!Love Mom