Monday, February 04, 2008

Our little hoopster!

Well I guess soccer wasn't her sport! Maddy had her first basketball game on Saturday and I am proud to report that she was good! She was really good! She even made a basket during the game and a free throw shot and a few assists. She completely held her own with the boys (they are co-ed teams). Thay have only had one practice before the game and I wasn't even sure if she would inderstand how to play but I guess I was wrong. I am realizing now that soccer may have been a little hard on her legs. You are constantly running up and down a field that is pretty big. While she is still running up and down the basketball court it isn't nearly as long and I think that it is better for her to keep up. She still complains of a few aches in her knees and she has never been a very fast runner I think because of the arthritis but basketball seems to suit her and Dustin couldn't be more thrilled. He isn't the biggest fan of soccer and would much rather watch a basketball game than a soccer game! And I am excited because dribbling a basketball is one of the activities that the optimetrist said would halp with her vision therapy so it is a win win for everyone. It has been really fun because there are two other girls that are on her team that are in our ward and we played our good friends son (also in our ward) on Saturday. So Sunday was full of compliments for her about how well she played even from the big brothers that were impressed with how well she played. She jammed her finger in the last quarter and was so funny about it when we were heading home. It hurt but she told me she has done that like a million times it was no big deal! I don't know what basketball she has jammed her finger on considering that this week is like the first time she has ever dribbled a ball but whatever! Anyway it was lots of fun and we are excited to see how the game goes next week.

9 comments:

Nick and Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick and Lauren said...

Way to go Maddy! Soccer is soooooo boring anyways. :-)

Wendy said...

Wow Maddy! That is Awesome! I wish we lived closer so that we could see you play a game!
Good luck next week!

Darrell and Alissa said...

That's so cute about the jammed finger! That's great that she likes and is good at basketball, we are trying softball this year. My kids are not agressive enough for soccer, as you saw many times!! I just want them to have a sport they can have fun and not feel like they have to be perfect at, is that too much to ask?!

Jennie Z said...

She must have got her natural love of basketball from her dad! That's great that she found something she enjoys. Pretty cool that the boys think she is good too.

Sarah said...

Wow! Way to go. I find it funny that kids can try all these activities and we really see what they are good at. Naturals! I want to see pics next time!

Alli said...

she must take after her mom! you should grow her hair our to like her waist, and then die it red and make her pose with a basketball like your picture in highschool. haha. i am so proud of her! i wish i was there to see her play! i miss you guys

Castiel Moyes said...

Thanks for bringing back that wonderful flash back Alli. Just for you I might post it on here when Maddy gets her basketball pictures! Something to look forward too?

Heidi said...

I want to see the picture of you in high school with a basketball and braids!

We just gave Zach a basketball for his birthday on Saturday and now both kids are into it!