Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

Well I never seem to have time on Sunday's before church to get any pictures of my kids and after church everyone looks haggard, so I decided to get everyone dressed up on yesterday to take some pictures. I bribed them with dying easter eggs if they would cooperate. So here they are in their easter dresses. Unfortunately I didn't have the energy to really do anyones hair and they looked much cuter at church the next day after everyone's hair was fixed and curled AND it was rainy outside and they were in very light dresses so I had to take most of the pictures indoors. But they are still adorable!




I think this bottom one is the best group shot. Everyone's face is relatively normal and looks cute.

Lilly looks so mischevious in this picture


I am so glad that I actually got a normal smiling picture of Maddy. They are rarely seen.
Of course Josey's pictures crack me up! She is such a funny kid.
This is my favorite picture of the bunch. The sun was in her eyes and she couldn't handle it.
As soon as we walked in the door, Josey's dress and shoes and hat and gloves were thrown off of her body and she was already upstairs changing clothes. But Maddy and Lilly wanted a picture with their baskets. Dying eggs. They got their reward.

Just a reminder, we are growing bangs out.
This was Lilly's reaction everytime an egg came out of the colors. She LOVED it!

Here are the easter baskets before they got hidden all around the house. Maddy woke up at about midnight and Dustin found her searching through the house looking for her basket. She was promptly put back to bed. But she and Josey woke up at 5:30 this morning raring to find easter eggs. I made them wait until Lilly woke up at 7.

So the deal was that the easter bunny hid some of the eggs inside for the morning but that most of the eggs were hidden outside for after church (because I wasn't going to have time to do a big easter egg hunt and get ready for church.) So we went downstairs and found the easter eggs and then headed off to church. Well during church I had to come home to "check on the easter eggs" and I had to adjust our plan given that it was TOTALLY raining. So most of the eggs got hidden around our house again and just a few were left outside.

It has worked out really well though because Josey got to bring home the class bunny for Spring Break and so we had an "easter bunny" for Easter. The girls have been convinced that Dotti either was the Easter Bunny or that she helped him hide the eggs and stuff. It has been really fun for them.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! We miss you all. Now I need to go clean up the disaster in every room of my house......how does that happen?

8 comments:

Alli said...

they look soo cute! i love their dresses, and their baskets! i was so sad that i wasn't around little kids on easter. kids always make holidays so much more fun. Oh and I LOVE josey's bangs. how fun for you!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

they all look so cute! Looks like you guys had a great Easter!

Kate said...

I love the hats & gloves. That is so cute!! What great pictures!

And I love the post below. I totally remember some of those times... I am pretty sure I even took that third picture down because I have it too. I had forgotten that you met through Katie's connection. I'm pretty sure I met Dustin & those boys from Y Groups at the very beginning of the year.

AND in a very roundabout way, I met and married Quinten due to my friendship with Dustin. Right after freshman year, I met Jason Moyes (and made the connection because of the same last name....) and became good friends with him. The after my mission and Jason's mission, he was roommates with Quinten... and so we met... So, thanks! :) Love you guys!

P.S. Sorry for the super long comment. :)

Darrell and Alissa said...

Love the dresses- so Easer-ie?! Is that a real word?! Anyway, they look so adorable!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

LIlly is soooo funny! I love that face she was making. She looks like a sneaky one!

Wendy said...

Lilly's picture is my favorite. You can just tell that she is plotting something scary. So cute.

Heidi said...

The girls look great - what a smart idea to take pictures the day before!
Glad you guys had a wonderful Easter!

Williams Fam said...

Okay every picture of Lilly makes me laugh so hard!! She's so stinkin' cute!!! You've got some cuties!!!