Sunday, March 23, 2008

She could even be a Rockstar!

Josey had a birthday party to go to last Saturday. It was a popstar birthday and it was at a little girls salon! Besides having lots of hot chocolate in tea cups and cute little finger foods, they got their hair done, their make-up done and a manicure. It was really cute and fun for Josey. These are her Rockstar pictures. She was very concerned that she needed to tell the stylist exactly WHO she wanted to look like and it was a toss up between Ashley Tisdale and Hannah Montana (probably because those are the only two that she knows). I guess luckily they are both blonde so they worked.



Josey has the thickest most amazing hair! But she also has a sensitive head and DOES NOT like it brushed. So I brushed it out really good before we went so that she wouldn't have any problems at the salon with the stylist. But we got there and she started getting very nervous to get her hair done I think and wanted to leave. As soon as I told her I would stay with her she was fine. So I got to sit at the party for two hours to make sure that her hair didn't get pulled. She is definately my daughter. The stylist tried to do something cute with her bangs pulled up and stuff but everything "hurt" Josey too much so we just pulled them to the side like always. Still cute though. She almost looked like she was wearing a wig, she has soo much hair.
The expression on her face as she was getting her hair done was a crack-up. The stylist kept asking her if she was okay because she looked like the most ticked off little girl. And when she sprayed her with hairspray and glitter you would have thought she got the black lung. It was SO funny! But after the party she kept telling me that it was the BEST party ever so I guess it wasn't too traumatic. You can't tell very well but her whole head was basically a big glitter ball. All her makeup was all glittery and they also put a big glitter unicorn tatoo on her upper arm (we didn't get a picture of it). This was after 8:00 when we finally got home and she was EXHAUSTED!
She looks so grown-up and beautiful in these pictures. But she also reminds me a bit of those freaky pageant kids and it creeps me out a little. Luckily the curls stayed for church the next day and her hair looked gorgeous for Easter.

11 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

Holy Cow- she looks like she's 12!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

She looks so much older! Sounds like a fun party.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

She looks so much older! Sounds like a fun party.

THE REBER FAMILY said...

What a cute party idea. You are such a good mom. She is so cute! Caitlyn reminds me a lot of her sometimes. Miss you guys!

Wendy said...

She looks so old in those pictures, and so beautiful! I am so jealous of her hair. Amazing!

Liz said...

She looks so cute. I agree with all the hair Sam has a mane of hair and I hate it because she cries when you walk to her with the brush.

Alli said...

she looks sooo cute! i of course already knew how much hair she has, but it looks gorgeous and sooo long! i love it. she looks so much like maddy in the last picture too.

cleggle said...

I think i want to be you. Yo funny.

cleggle said...

I'm so excited that somebody looked at my blog! Now it actually has one picture, a real post (which, incidentally is also about parties), and it will get better and better because you inspire me. I wanna see Becky. She gonna be at church?

Rich and Andrea said...

Okay so no...it was not good crack. It was terrible crack. It might have been skinny crack, but it was fake baked but not in the stretch marks skinny crack. It was awful!hahahaha

Williams Fam said...

I agree with the rest of them-she looks so grown up!!! Gives you a good idea of what she'll look like in a few years!! She's going to be a heartbreaker!!