Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm meeellltiing........


It is seriously hot here right now (okay Las Vegans I know it isn't as hot as it is there but you all have air conditioning so I feel I have the right to complain)! Right now it is 10:00 at night and I really think my house is about 89 degrees and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO hot!
Anyway...what do you do to beat the heat? A movie! It was really hot yesterday as well and so we decided to go see a movie. BUT I must brag about how inexpensive it was to take a family of 5 to the movies. It cost us 15 dollars to go see Kung-Fu Panda (which we highly recommend) and some movie popcorn to share AND eating out at (Kung-Fu) Panda Express, the girls really liked that correlation.
You ask how is that possible? Well I will explain my genius bargaining! The local grocery store was having a deal that if you bought 10 certain items then you got two free movie tickets. So I figured it into our grocery budget and figured out things to buy from the list that I had coupons for and was able to get 4 tickets to the movies after I bought my food. So then we went to the movies and I asked them to put the credit for the movies onto my Regal movie card and THEY DID! So then out of that I got a free popcorn. (I know this is all so exciting but it actually lamely excites me quite a bit.) THEN we went to Panda Express and shared two 3 entree plates and a drink for 15 dollars. Which is why it cost us 15 dollars.
It was very fun and kept us nice and cool and was even more fun for Dustin and I knowing that it wasn't costing us an arm and a leg to go to the movies! My girls thought it was a very special occasion as well since they got popcorn that mommy didn't pop at home and sneak into the movie theater in little plastic baggies for everyone.......maybe I shouldn't admit that....does that mean I am poor or just cheap?

8 comments:

Amanda said...

way to go jess! I'm SOOOOOOOO excited to see you guys this weekend...and we have A/C! We can just stay in the house by the vents all day and Ry and Dustin can go golfing! Good bargaining! I love when that happens.

Wendy said...

Great bargaining, Jess. I am sorry you are so hot there!

JasonDebbie said...

I know, I might actually think it would be better to live somewhere hot with air conditioning than somewhere cool and nice but no air. Because in the summers it does get hot, and I CAN'T sleep if its warm at all. So i'm sorry you have to live with that. Once it gets alot cooler at night in a couple months, it will help you alot. Thats awesome about the movies, I wish I could find deals like that, they make me excited too. And I LOVE kung fu panda by the way!

Birding is Fun! said...

Do you know how they make copper wire?

Try and take a penny away from a Mormon.

Amberly said...

Moyes! You have the most contagious smile Amberly and I have ever seen!!! We couldn't help but smiling back every time there was a picture of you :). Amberly is inspired by your wife, she got right back in great shape after her babies. By the way, you did know that Sister Amberly Taylor and I got married, right? Well, it's the coolest thing! All we do is talk about our mission friends. We have a 10 month old boy and are expecting our second. I know, we are pretty cool like that ;p.
We loved looking at your little girls. Amberly can't get over how cute they are!
(Little break~Amberly brought me an ice cream and hot fudge filled crape to bed... had to take care of that) Dustin, we love you to death! If you guys are ever in DC make sure you stay at our palace.
Yours truly,

Rafa and Amberly Hazembuller
www.hazembullers.blogspot.com

Liz said...

I love a good deal, It is like a drup for me.

Cami said...

Good job! I love things like that!

Cami

Heidi said...

We took all the kids to Kung Fu Panda on 4th of July with lunch at Wendys then treats at the movie theater and I know we spend alot more than 15 bucks - that's an awesome deal you found!