Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Joselyn or did she graduate?

No she didn't graduate from anywhere it really is her birthday. This is just how far I have gone to save money lately. We had enrichment Tuesday night and they had these balloons there that they said people could take home. So I thought instead of buying balloons for her birthday I would take these home to her. Well they obviously weren't going to last until today so I gave them to her yesterday. I figured she wouldn't know what the balloons said, and she didn't. She didn't even care that they were practically all out of helium she just kept saying how happy she was that she got a "balloon bouquet" because that was totally what she wanted for her birthday. The picture completely cracks me up though between her eyes (she is extremely concerned that she is going to blink in a picture) to the dying balloons. Just makes me laugh!

She is 6 today!! I can't say that it is really weird that she is 6 or something because she has been telling everyone she is 6 for a couple of months now and I sort of forget that she isn't! It seems like she turned 6 months ago but.....actually July 17th is the day. She could barely sleep last night because she was so excited for today.

We (me and the girls) love birthdays around here and we try to make them as special as we can. When you think about it your birthday really is THEE most important day in your life right? Without it you wouldn't HAVE a life! And as a mother the birthday of each of your children is a very special day. Not only does it mark the start of A LOT more sacrificing for the rest of your life(jk).....but it was also the day that you brought a new life into this world.

I don't know what our family would be like without our sweet Joselyn. She is wonderfully quirky and funny and peaceful. She loves being social and definitely isn't afraid to make new friends. She for sure got my soft heart and sensitivity! Since Joselyn was little she has been the most sensitive little thing. Harshness just really hurts her and apparently I was the same way as a child and Dustin would probably say still as an adult. It's a funny combo. You have the daughter that gets in trouble and can't handle it and just breaks and cries and cries and the mom who is trying to discipline her but can't handle that her daughter has broken down and starts to cry as well. Oh what a fun house of girls right Dustin?

I just adore her and everything that she has brought to my life. She thinks she is the luckiest one in the family because she gets to be a little sister AND a big sister (let's hope she always feels that way). She loves her "golden" hair and loves wearing it "blond" (down). She loves to dress up and wear make-up (which I love). And yet she loves bugs and slugs and especially snails (which I don't particularly love). She won't let me kill a bug in our house. We have to pick it up and move it outside. It is such an interesting and fun combination in a little girl. I love you so much my Josey Posey! Happy Birthday!
Here are "a few" of my favorite pictures over the last few years:












7 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy birthday, Josey!! I love all the pictures of you, you are such a gorgeous girl. I hope your day is awesome!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday!! I can't believe she is SIX! She was just a baby and you guys were starting BYU law school...okay well that was6 years ago but it has gone by fast! We should have more cake this weekend!! YEAH! Can't wait to see you guys

JasonDebbie said...

Holy cow I cant believe how old she is. I want to grow our kaitlyn's hair like that but just when it gets long, she chops it off with scissors.

Heidi said...

What an infectious smile Josey has - I loved looking at all those cute pictures. Happy Birthday Josey :)

Liz said...

YEA!!!! Happy Birthday. We had so much fun with you, you are such a sweet girl.

Darrell and Alissa said...

Happy birthday Josey! What a beauty she is!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

happy birthday Josie!!! She is sooo unbelievably cute! And her personality is cuter if thats possible!!