Thursday, July 24, 2008

next question......

Dustin recently asked me if I could suggest to him some books that would help him be a better dad to girls, specifically as they reach their teens (very sweet). I know we are a little ways off but those of us with children know how fast time flies and in 5 short years we will have our first teenage girl, however I have a suspicion that the hormones and emotions will start to fly sooner than that! And not too far after that we will have an 18 year old, a 16 year old and a 12 year old girls. So has anyone read any good books that might prepare us for this? Has anyone read any good books that specifically relate to father daughter relationships? We would both appreciate it.



AND can believe that the last book in the Twilight series comes out in like two weeks! I am super excited and planning on attending the party at Barnes and Noble....seriously I am going. I just wish I had a costume! Finally we will have closure to Edward and Bella. I know what I am hoping for! Maybe these are books I should suggest for Dustin to read!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Want me to make you an Edward shirt? Just let me know. :)

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Jes...the book reviving ophelia is supposed to be amazing! I haven't read it...YET!

Birding is Fun! said...

I have to admit that I am one of like three dudes who have read all the books. I'm excited for the next one to come out. The story line is great...and I could do without the mushy stuff that makes me look like a miserable slob of a husband compared to Edward.

My wife, Jessica, is going to the BN midnight release too. She's also going to Seattle with some other Twilight nut-jobs to the Stephanie Meyer concert. They're going to sneak up to Forks and La Push to check things out too. It'll be fun for them and a good escape from Mommydom for a couple days.

Meg said...

Hey Jes- its meg. Funny thing is that I work at barnes and noble one day a week for the discounts! The only book that really pops into mind that dustin may want to read is "Girls will be girls: Raising confident daughters" by J deak. It is pretty popular. Also there is a book, Everything- parents guide to raising girls. Hope this helps!