Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thursday, Oaks Park

The girls participated in the local library's reading program this summer and so this is where we got a discounted ticket to go, Oaks Park. It is a little amusement park. And this was our first time. The girls had SO MUCH FUN!
Here we are on the little choo-choo train. Look at the excitement on Lilly's face, priceless!

I don't know why Maddy is making this face because she was having a really good time. Lilly cracks me up in this picture with her popping her little head around.
This was Maddy and Josey's favorite ride. It looked kinda scary to me but I talked Maddy into riding it because Josey was determined to ride it. She wanted to go on it all by herself but I thought they would have a better time together. I was right! They went on it over and over and over again.

Including in the admission ticket was a free session of roller skating as well! Josey took to it like running while Maddy.....had a little rougher time catching on. I felt kinda bad because she was having a hard time watching Josey skate around and around while she wouldn't leave the wall. She was just too nervous to actually try it without holding on to something. Since I had Lilly I couldn't go on the floor as help. Besides the fact I was wearing a skirt. Not exactly what you want to fall down in at the roller rink. I did get some skates for Lilly to put on because she wanted to be like her big sisters. I LOVE this picture of her. She looks so grown-up.

More rides.....
and more rides...
and more rides....
and more rides! We got there at about one in the afternoon and Josey and I were there until about 8:30! Maddy and Lilly went home with daddy when he came after work. More about why Maddy went home early in another post.
Maddy is cracking me up. She is in that awkward stage where she was technically too big to ride this ride (the technician told he would make an exception) but she had more fun than any other kid on the ride!

With the reading program we also got a tickets to a Blazers game and a gift card to Barnes and Noble, amont other things. I took the girls to pick out some books at Barnes and Noble with thier gift cards. We came out with 2 Pokemon books, 2 Star Wars books and a book entitled "I Love Sharks". Do I have three girls or three boys?

2 comments:

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Looks like fun. You have daring girls. I wouldn't be able to ride some of the rides they did without barfing!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

That looks sooo fun. Especially the rollerskating!