Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saturday, Ronald McDonald

On Saturday the local McDonald's was having a back-to-school party where the Happy Meals were only 1.50. So I had told the girls that we would go to McDonald's' for lunch on Saturday and they were very excited all week. When we got there they were giving out back-to-school goodie bags and Ronald McDonald was there. Had anyone actually met Ronald McDonald? In all my years going to McDonald's I have NEVER ran into Mr. McDonald. But there he is... Dustin didn't want to wait in line to get the back-to-school bags but the girls were to excited to I waited with them while he went in and ordered the food. The best part for Josey was that they were giving out Star Wars toys. She is obsessed with Star Wars and has been for a little while now. She was SO excited that she got Luke and she continuously kissed him all the way to the car when we were leaving.

This is what Dustin taught the girls to do with their Happy Meal boxes. Very entertaining.
The best part was that I have really already got all the school supplies the girls need so I was able to take back the stuff they gave us in the goodie bags (and yes I am THAT cheap) and then it was really just like we got a free lunch at Mickey Dees. Nothing like a free lunch.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The last picture totally cracks me up! We actually saw Mr. McDonald a few weeks ago, but he freaked Ash out so bad!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

SOOOOOOO funny! Kids make life so much more interesting!

Kate said...

My kids walked by when I was reading this, and they were SO jealous that you got to meet Ronald!
Our apartment was in Orem, and it was where Jason & Debbie lived too. When did you live there? In law school or before that? We were just in that apartment for one year... Aug. 2001-2002. Before that we lived in a one-bedroom tiny little place. But we had to move into the 2-bedroom when we got pregnant.

Heidi said...

I quickly figured out why Zach kept begging to go to Mcdonalds alot the last 2 weeks - he simply wanted the Clone Wars toys!!!

Gretch said...

That is too funny that Josey is so into Star Wars. $1.50 for a Happy Meal, that is a steal! Looks like you had a great time at good old Mc Dee's.

BTW, I loved the pictures of you and Dustin through the years and genders. Hilarious!