Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Our new arrivals!!

Well we have multiplying snails! Who knew? When my mom was here back in May she bought Josey a couple of snails that she had been coveting at the pet store for months that I was refusing to buy her (and a fish but we won't talk about that). You can check that post here. Well they are still alive and thriving....apparently. When we got back from California we had a weird little egg sack hanging from the top of the tank. I quickly looked it up on the Internet and I found some picture that looked just like our little egg sack that said they were snail eggs. SO WEIRD! So we have been waiting for them to hatch. And today they hatched! Josey was so excited. She said, "I'm a new mom!" And Maddy said, "Well.....not really." And then Josey said, "Okay....I'm a new step mom!!" Too funny!


Dustin has had a hard time even looking at the tank since the eggs were layed. They REALLY creep in out! Anyway the problem now is that I can't clean out the tank because the little snails are so tiny that I can barely see them. I am not sure exactly what I am going to do, but Josey is excited!

4 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Josey is so cute with her love for all creatures!

Alli said...

okay, that is so weird! what the heck?! we are waiting to see if our birds make babies.... but the pet store said they were both males. we'll see.

does it sound like i am obsessed with my birds?? cause i promise i'm not!

Wendy said...

Isn't it just so fun and educational to have an animal lover for a daughter?? Liv will be so jealous.

Jaime said...

ok I am with Dustin on this one. There is no way I could look at the tank. That is really scary looking. I look forward to seeing what comes out of that thing.