Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day of School!!!!......and more hairclips.

Well both the girls are officially in school all day! I can't believe it! I feel a mixture of emotions from missing them to being so excited to only have Lilly with me for most of the day. I am really excited to take some special time with Lilly while the girls are in school Josey was home last year by 10:30 not really giving me enough time to do any story times at the library or any fun mommy and me classes with Lilly and now I will get to do that! I have to say though that I really miss my girls. It is weird not having Josey here and I am not sure how long it will take me to get used to it!

But Maddy started yesterday on Tuesday and here she is all ready! She has been so excited to wear this outfit for WEEKS! ANd her dangly Hannah Montana earrings.

My big third grader!

And here is Josey and Lilly the little buddies waiting their turn.

And then today Josey started. They took half the class yesterday and the other half today to give the kids a little more one on one time with the teacher to get acquainted. Then they will all come together tomorrow and for the rest of the year. Josey had me blow dry her hair last night and spritz on body spritzer and paint her nails to be all ready for today. She actually asked me for a massage as well.......what the heck? She didn't get one it was too late. But she was insistent on wearing her hair in a side ponytail today and absolutely is in love with this dress and thought she looked like a million bucks. If you can't tell though there is some nervousness in that face!

Their first day together. She was SO nervous getting to her class. She was SUPER excited to have her very own desk though. But we got her all settled and put all her supplies away and then I told her to go ahead and start coloring the paper that the teacher had given them and I went to talk to the teacher for a minute. Then I was leaving and went to say good-bye and the look on her face was priceless. She was SO nervous! She was white! I asked her if she was okay and she whispered to me across the room that she didn't know what to do. I pointed to her paper and told her to start coloring it and then she seemed to get it. I told her the teacher would start talking to them soon and I think she was just too nervous to do something she wasn't supposed too!

You all would be proud of me. No tears this year! First time in three years that I haven't cried when someone went to school or got on the bus! WOO HOO!!!

And I had to post some more of my clips that I have been making. I am ADDICTED!





Amanda I am going to try bows next. Wish me luck! I may be calling you!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Jessica, your girls crack me up! Josey asking for a massage? What a hoot! They looked so stylin' though for their first days of school.
Your clips look great! I went to Swiss Days last weekend and saw things like this everywhere - you could sell them and make a killing!

Liz said...

I should just send you money and have you pick my girls school clothes out, your girls are always dressed so cute.

BethReberFrancis said...

The girls look so adorable!Their expressions say it all! I love their outfits and your hairclips are so cute! Tell the girls I will call them tonight to see how everything went yesterday and today!

JasonDebbie said...

I love those button clippies, they are so cute and trendy. And I can't wait to have both of my kids in school, especially when kaitlyn goes the whole day next year. I didn't know that maddy is so into hannah montana, thats so funny.

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

They look so grown up and cute! I lvoe the clips...I want to try some out! Where do you get the ribbon?

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Ok so maddy totally looks like a rockstar with those leggings and boots! and well I still think Josie is the cutest kid in the world...and has the prettiest hair. I think it would feel so weird to have Cj in school all day and have only one kid at home! Oh life goes by too fast.