Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day weekend.....

Well Dustin ended up having to go into work today, Labor Day, so we didn't really get to go do anything exciting unless you call coupon bargain shopping exciting (which I happen too!). But on Saturday we went out to the Oregon Zoo to see this little guy...... As far as I know he doesn't have a name yet. But he was the cutest thing ever and the girls LOVED seeing him. We then went and visited some of our favorite exhibits.....we go the zoo....A LOT! I wish that Josey had jumped into this picture sooner because it is so cute of her eye!
Maddy was refusing pictures today.
And here is Josey with her favorite exhibit at the zoo.......the bugs.
Here she is petting a hissing cockroach. Actually all three ended up touching it but we had to coerce Maddy a little bit.
These next pictures are from Sunday. I had Lilly's hair up in braids on the top of her head and this is what her hair looked like later when I took it down. Doesn't she resemble the crazy Doc Brown from Back to the Future?

And an update on Josey's snails. They are growing! I ended up HAVING to clean out the tank today because I couldn't stand to look at it anymore. For better or worse I had to chance moving all the baby snails even if it meant they died and Josey never talked to me again. But I was able to clean it out and the snails seem to be okay. I left some of the algae in it for them to keep eating but it looks a lot cleaner.
All those little yellow and black things are the baby snails. Seriously there are probably 50 baby snails in the tank. I think I have talked Josey into walking the other egg sack down to the pond nearby and leaving it there to hatch. As long as we go visit them often.......

1 comment:

Darrell and Alissa said...

Josey is such a funny little girl! I cringed looking at her hand petting that nasty thing- ewww! Love the picture of Lilly- for sure similarities!!
The hair bows you made are so cute! I need to do that. The sad part is I have all kinds of ribbon and clips bought for that purpose, but they are still sitting in my closet from a year ago!!!