Tuesday, November 11, 2008

blogworthy

Okay so this week there were so many good deals to be had at Safeway and Albertsons in particular that I felt the need to blog about them. I was so excited and as a friend of mine said, "I was on a high when I left the store!" I am not smart enough or have a good enough memory to remember what everything cost or what coupons I used so I won't go into too much detail but here is what I got this week.

Transaction #1:

Combination of Safeway purchase and Albertsons purchase totalling:$20.00 out of pocket and then got $15.00 dollars back at Albertsons. TOTAL 5.00$

Transaction #2:
Albertsons purchase $7.00 out of pocket and got $15.oo back. TOTAL: $-8.00 ( By the way i tried one of those warm delights the other day and they are really QUITE good! Otherwise I wouldn't have bought them.)
Transaction #3:
Walgreens purchase $20.00 out of pocket (brought a couple of the wrong coupons otherwise could have been a better deal. oh well) And notice the random penguin on there? My girls were out of school this week so they all got to pick something out and that was Lilly's purchase. I hate it when I have to take them all shopping with me! But I got all my Christmas wrapping paper!
Transaction #4:
+ 4lbs of apples and a package of rubber bands that I forgot to take a picture of.
Albertson's purchase 38.00 out of pocket.
Transaction #5
Rite Aid purchase $0.00 out of pocket! FREE!
A grand total of $63.00! And the best part is that 55 dollars of that was from a Rite Aid rebate that I got this month! And I have a Walgreens rebate for 30 dollars more that I should receive any day now making this weeks groceries essentially FREE!! What a fabulous week of shopping! How did you do (you know who you are)? Take some pictures of your deals I want to see them!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to hire you to go grocery shopping for me!

JasonDebbie said...

OOOH! I can't wait until albertsons here has that sale here--our frys had a similar sale but it was buy 30 items get $15 back. If it was buy $30 of stuff get $15 back I would have spent half of what I did. But, I DID get $120 of stuff for $60, and then I spent $35 at walmart getting the rest of the groceries, which INCLUDED getting kung fu panda. So I spent $95 on tons of name brand food and a DVD. Before I did coupons I spent about $150 a week just on food. Now the bills are finally going down now that I've been doing it for a couple months. Maybe someday i'll be a coupon master like you though. And i know what you mean about getting a high.:)

Wendy said...

Yea!! I was hoping you would post some good deal shopping pictures. I went today to Albertsons and was pretty excited about what I got. I even took pictures (and felt a little silly taking pictures of my groceries) and I will post them soon. Thanks again for all your help getting started!

Castiel Moyes said...

I totally know what you mean about feeling silly taking pictures. Maddy asked me why I keep taking pictures of all the food I am buying. I didn't really have an answer except that it is like taking pictures of your children when you are so proud of them. I am so proud of the deals that I can't help but to document them! I want to see your deals as well!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

I'm bummed we don't have an albertsons here. Anyways good job on all that! I need to get started with the drugstores and take advantage of their deals!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I didn't know I could be in love with a ghetto grocery store....but when I paid 12 dollars today for 45 dollars worth of Groceries! Ok...I heart Albertsons! and I heart you for turning me in to a coupon mom!

Amanda said...

Jess, is that Walgreens from this week? The wrapping paper that is buy one get two free???

Heidi said...

Awesome deals Jessica - Maybe I should start taking pictures of my shopping trips too! I've only just started all this coupon madness but last week at Smiths I felt I was robbing the store saving over 62 bucks!! I have yet to do my shopping for this week.....

kennoncrew said...

what? teach me!! seriously, you need to send me a lenghty e-mail telling me exactly where you get your info for coupons etc. when i move there you will have to take me with you! seriously, e-mail me--i need it!