Monday, December 29, 2008

From darling Maddy to....Michael Darling?

Maddy had her audition for the musical put on by the Oregon City Children's Theatre of Peter Pan this last weekend. She has been talking about this audition for about three months! She has been practicing and practicing!

The audition was postponed for about two weeks and Maddy was on pins and needles ever since. She kept telling me she was super nervous and I really wasn't sure how she was going to handle the situation. Anyway the audition went on for a few hours and she got cast as......MICHAEL! The littlest of the darling family. She was SOOO excited! She actually gets a speaking role and the best part is that she gets to fly, she is so excited! They are going to have the main roles fly around on cables and she gets to do that. It was funny though because the director asked if she would be willing to cut her hair or if she needed a wig. I think we are going to opt for a wig!

I know my kids are definitely not shy and everyone is always saying that I should get them into drama some how. But I still have to say I was shocked that she actually got cast as a pretty big part! I kept telling her that she would probably be cast as a lost boy or something because I didn't want to get her hopes up, but she actually got a part! I can't even explain how excited she is! The performances are at the end of February so if you want to come mark your calendar! We are so proud and excited for you Maddy!And I am thinking that maybe I need to sign Josey up for snow boarding lessons?! She has no fear. And that end comment is, "Did you see that jump?"

10 comments:

SMDStudio said...

Tell Maddy congratulations for me. That is so exciting! She will do a fantastic job. Let me know when the show is. Djeryd and I would love to come see her shine in her starring role. ;>

Gretch said...

That is AWESOME!! Way to go Maddy! How fun that she gets to fly, that is the best part!

It looks like you all had a great Christmas and that you are totally covered in snow like we are-it has been CRAZY snow!!

Darrell and Alissa said...

Congrats to Maddy- that's great that she gets to do that, and of course flying would be the best part! Christmas looked like fun in your house- the tent beds are really cute! My arm has finally recovered and gotten used to the wii- how sad is it that I was going to have to go to the gym just to boost my strength in my arm to play wii with the kids?!

Alli said...

that is so cool that maddy is in a play! how fun is that!? but did they really think a girl would seriously cut her hair to look like a boy? what the heck is that?anyways, i am so excted for her! i need to call her. thanks for finally posting about christmas... it took you way to long! 5 whole days jess! i kept waiting and waiting. this post made my day today

Liz said...

That is so cool!! Congrats Maddy!

Alli said...

our birds received kind language from me for christmas instead of the usual SHUUUUUTTTT UUUUP!!!!! because they are so loud. also, we obviously pretty much spent our whole savings on little toys and such for them to play on. they really are so special... and so smart... just like your children!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

Hooray for Maddy! that is so cool that she gets to fly! And what a cool play to be in for your first play! I wish we could come see it. Make sure you take lots of video! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Miss U!

Rob, Ann, Ava, and Brooklyn said...

Congrats Maddy! We wish we could come see the play! And way to go Josey on your "snowboard".

Sarah said...

Peter Pan is my favorite so I am way excited for her! We want lots of updates and pictures. We are cheering for her.

Maddie said...

congrats maddy! my name is maddie too, and i'm preforming as michael darling also! thats so cool. good luck!